Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Vafc II is Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004
#1 S2000 Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
this vafc always has some problem, its never easy on our cars

but it seems like you got it to work
Old 02-28-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
this vafc always has some problem, its never easy on our cars

but it seems like you got it to work
There is NO problem with the VAFC II on our cars. It works perfectly.
Old 02-28-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I just installed mine. No cel or anything. You just use the wire diagram that Carbonfly posted in tech. Works perfectly, well with tuning of course.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox, Can one of you guys that successfully installed the VAFC2 post some pictures of the wire connections to the ECU harness ? If you guys recalled, there is a DIY on the Apexi RSM "http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2042142", it seems the ECU wire you guys use for the Pressure Signal is used as the Speed signal wire in the RSM install. Can anyone of you VAFCII experts clarify this ? Also is there any total cutting of the ECU harness wire when installing the VAFCII or are the wires only tapped ? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2004

eklipz will become famous soon enough
Red X i wanna see
Old 09-22-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
garyc17: you have to cut into the vtec wire and the pressure signal i believe...i can't remember, too long ago...didn't ur v-afc2 come with instructions?
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve
Gary there is a DIY around here, BUT I believe a total of three wires have to be cut, VTEC, VTM, and Map sensor.
Old 09-22-2004
Premium Member

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CarbonFly

I have my vtec engagement set at 5600rpm. It's fricken amazing. I've never felt vtec engage before and how its like DAAAYMN!!!! My friend was riding with me and he said everytime I hit it, he was thrown into his seat. He loves it.

I know what you mean I put one in my ex's (gf at the time) rsx-s and had it dyno tunned....It was sweet when it would kick in expc with 191 whp it deff would put u in ur seat well when i would drive lol she wasnt that good
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

GaryC17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone can post pictures of the wiring diagram instructions provided with your Apexi VAFCII or the relevant pages needed. I only have the Jap version over here in my country which I do not understand. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Civic6-Speed can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by CarbonFly
Well it took us about 2 hours to install. We soldered all the wires to make sure that we had great connections. I hope you like the spot that we mounted the unit in.
Umm you soldered wires to your ecu?!?!?!?! Yea thats really bad. You know how much heat goes through those wires when you solder them? I would not be suprised if you daamaged your ecu. But hell what do I know im just a newb, or so everyone says, ill prolly get flamed for this post too.
Old 09-22-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by Civic6-Speed
ill prolly get flamed for this post too.
well you said it.... Anybody doing this install should also be able to figure out that you unplug the ecu while you solder the wire
and just a note. You are soldering to the wire, not directly to the ecu.
Old 09-22-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
dead pics! wtf
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Civic6-Speed can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by djmota
well you said it.... Anybody doing this install should also be able to figure out that you unplug the ecu while you solder the wire
and just a note. You are soldering to the wire, not directly to the ecu.
True you are soldering the wire but if you dont disconnect the ecu then you can have problems. so i was warning the guy. but ok you can be ignorant. Its what your good at.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you didn't connect the VTM wire, my have the same problem before, but if you put the VTM wire...the problem will be slove..
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
if i had a shop do it all do you think it would be done right and with no CEL and have them set the vtec at 5200rpm's,O one more thing does anyone here have an auto and have the vafc 2 lnstalled on there car.
Old 09-23-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I have an auto with vafcII. It doesn't work on the newer ecus. I tried turning up the fuel, and it corrected itself in a few days back to stock.

And no, a shop will most likely fail the install. There are more wires that are not in the apexi diagram. We have all the info you need in the sticky thread.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169767
Old 10-03-2004
Registered!!

[QUOTE=gearbox]I have an auto with vafcII. It doesn't work on the newer ecus. I tried turning up the fuel, and it corrected itself in a few days back to stock.

so you are saying that it will not work with the auto ecu,and do you think it will be a good infestmint for me.
Old 10-03-2004
Premium Member

I'm not sure exactly, but it seemed like it wasn't doing anything. Only way to tell for sure is get it dyno tuned and go back there a year later to see what happened.
Old 10-03-2004
Registered!!

do you think it would be a good investmint
Old 10-03-2004
Premium Member

Well it does let you monitor engine settings like rpm, voltage, throttle, etc. I wouldn't get it if you only have a few boltons. Might give 5whp if you're lucky when tuning it.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
Well it does let you monitor engine settings like rpm, voltage, throttle, etc. I wouldn't get it if you only have a few boltons. Might give 5whp if you're lucky when tuning it.

well i want to pnp my head and i allso have cat-back,header,intake,pullies, grounding kit and denzo spark plugs.
Old 10-05-2004
Premium Member

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
I have an auto with vafcII. It doesn't work on the newer ecus. I tried turning up the fuel, and it corrected itself in a few days back to stock.

And no, a shop will most likely fail the install. There are more wires that are not in the apexi diagram. We have all the info you need in the sticky thread.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169767

Yah when i put it on my ex's type-s there was an extra wire or too but i found the info online it was awhile back.....But anyways... Did ur fuel go back b4 or after to added those two wires?
Old 10-05-2004
Premium Member

I can't tell without a dyno, but I doubt the tdc wire does anything important.