Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

turbo, or everything else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003
Chicks dig my scent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
turbo, or everything else?

Ok, im graduating in May and as far as my graduation present i want to do some serious stuff to my car. My parents seem game so all is well, it'll probably be a Christmas/birthday/graduation present depending on what i do. But im condsidering these...

The SF turbokit seems great and i'd probably order this, i like how Catalyst did a turbo install DIY also. but the warranty will be over in about 2 1/2 years, and if i turbo it will void it. I know that with a turbo i'll have to constantly watch the engine, use upgraded gas, oils, etc. and repair many parts,and all in all be spending a lot of money (while ill be in college) but if i do install im thinkin about only running at 5.5psi or around there. Should i do this?

Or rebuild the whole exhaust, right now i just have a rear section, but get a Kamikaze header, move the catalytic converter, 2 1/4" piping all the way back and i'd probably also do some more work. Such as pulleys, cam gears, spark plugs, forged pistons and maybe gearing. But would this be a waste of money because i know i will definately turbo....whats your opinions? thanks
Old 09-01-2003
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if your planning on turboing, then i wouldnt spend the money on something like headers...because u will have to change to a turbo manifold anyways...pistons r good to do, and pulleys and cam gears, and plugs are great aswell...the only thing that i wouldnt do is headers
Old 09-01-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
if "u kno" ur gonna turbo you better just start out with a exhaust, maybe get a new clutch and flywheel and all. then you can start upgrading the specific things that you need to for the turbo. im not sure exactly what u need to upgrade but just upgrade everything u need to and then when thats set, then get the turbo put in. make sure to get a catback like the tanabe racing medallion or the greddy or something. make sure u have the money because u dont wanna end up having half of it done and then not being able to finish it up. gl putting the turbo in, like you said it will void ur warranty but if u have a need for speed then ur gonna want it. if u run on a lower psi i think thats better i guess cuz ur not straining the engine as much im guessing. just dont blow ur engine and then ur in a deep hole. (im not an expert on turbos so dont take my advice on what turbo to get or anything about it, lol)
Old 09-01-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
start with new clutch. exhaust. if you know you will buy turbo sooner or later.
Old 09-01-2003
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like a good plan, I'll probably end up doin that, change the clutch and work on strengthening the engine so down the road i wont have as many problems. Speed is definately what im shooting for, body kits, dvd players, and etc. are awesome but look is only an opinion,speed is a fact..if you're faster than a lot of cars no one can change your timeslip
Old 09-01-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i say work on the internals, that is if you know for sure that you will be getting turbo