Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: What color neon underbody kit?
white
24.69%
red
13.20%
blue
48.41%
others? or combinations?
13.69%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like underbody neons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
and also on this poll, it depends on the color of the car.
Old 07-21-2004
ALGARETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by streetglower
Damn I had the same problem on my old car, in my case, a body shop broke the first one and they replaced it, then a tranny shop shattered both sides and refused to pay for it cause they said it isnt there responsibility even though I told them about them. I bitched at them for over an hour and after they said no, I took over $200 out of his cash register when he wasnt lookin, took my car and left. Never heard anything since.

first ones i ripped them out cuz they wre cheap
2nd ones i was parking in the grass and i fell on a ditch broke the front one in half...
i hope someone has used tubes
Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I made the shop that broke them get brand new ones from streetglow. they wanted to get some cheap ones from autozone. I was like *** no.
Old 07-21-2004
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by streetglower
I made the shop that broke them get brand new ones from streetglow. they wanted to get some cheap ones from autozone. I was like *** no.

hahahaha
what a bouch of idiots
its like " i have streetglow **********ers cant u see "
Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

right, I think they were pissed because there idiot bodyshop men broke it and they didnt want to pay for it. But they knew that I had told them about it, but I guess they never told the workers. I didnt even notice untill I was leaving. oh, and also when they replaced my bumper, they spray painted it while it was on the car, so in turn the front light was covered in red paint, but they cleaned it off. Idiots.
Old 08-28-2004
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeLLy
I used to hate them, but I like them at shows. Hence when I was offered a free set of Streetglow, I accepted and installed them. White neons under a silver car is kinda bland IMO. I would go with blue or red, even though those are the two most common colours.
how did you get a free set of streetglows?
Old 08-28-2004
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
imight get some blue ones but im not sure
Old 08-28-2004
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
This thread is old as hell
Old 08-28-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by manahoonie
how did you get a free set of streetglows?
My friend said that if I were to install his Streetglows on his car for free, he'd buy me a set and we could install both sets in his garage. One week later I was sportin free Blue Line neons in red. Shazzam.

But I'm thinking about upgrading to the Gold Line series. Just need more light, ya know?
Old 08-29-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Sorry, not into underneon glow
Old 09-02-2004
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I like it
Old 09-02-2004
Registered!!

RaidenHuang is an unknown quantity at this point
oh no

I love them, they look cool and nice. but cop doesn't like them, if you are rich and haven't got any ticket yet. INSTALL THEM !! they look COOOOOOOL !!
Old 09-29-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
before everyone starts ripping, to each his own

personally, I am not that big a fan of neons, but I have seen a few applications that I did like...99% sucked but the 10 or so good looking ones all had this in common:

1. dark paint...black or close thereto
2. only used at night...cheezy when used at anything less than pitch black
3. blue only...red is the runner up, but by a long shot...no cheezy blue either, blue blue
4. high quality install...edges of lighting on ground parallel to edges of car, clear crisp lighting given off

other than that, I think they all look like garbage. I have seen a few "accent neons" put behind intercoolers or inside hood scoops...they can look cool sometimes...interior neons suck, period...so do license plate ones
Old 09-29-2004
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not a big fan of them, only i think for if your car is in a show. I dont like the strobes and all the stuff, but im into like maybe a body kit, def rims and a carbon fiber hood , im into all engine work!! making it faster but in the long run if i bought some neon id go all pink just to make people say WTF i dunno!1

I think one neon like a blue or sumthing would look good in the front grill if you had a big intercooler, and on the intercooler it said FORD SUX real big !!
Old 09-29-2004

TurboDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point
they look pretty cool
Old 09-30-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ what a long and insightful post
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

Ohsosikcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by futurersxswap
i REAAALLY hate neon... toooo ricey for me.. no function... and most people install it ALL WRONG!!!! only liked it on MAYBE 2 cars.. and they were FULL show, and i saw them in a car show.. BIG rice on the street to me..

hey wanna know what i really thinks played out... civics that think there fast!! but really they'll never be more then a civic... and as for neons... i think if u hide them and cant see the bulb then your pretty safe... i was thinking about going iwth white on my car.. also... if anyone needs any parts for there cars contact me... AIM: ohsosikcivic... i can get lite glow at a good price but i can get ANY parts CHEEP
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

What The Hell?
Old 10-02-2004
Registered!!

ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
i installed 2 flouresent lights under my civic! i found 2 tubes lying around the office so i said what the hell.. it'll make my car look good anyways.. so why not!

j/p
Old 10-02-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
They make like non breakable LED ones to don't they?
Old 10-29-2004
4 cyllinders are good but 5 is better!

GreatWhite02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would recommend LED's if your going to go with undercarriage lighting. I had a set of neon lights under my car and I was driving down a road and a huge piece of rock flew up and cracked one of my neon tubes. LED's are very hard to break and they are much brighter and you can even get the ones that flash in different patterns too!
Old 10-29-2004
Banned

black paint, blue undercar neons

any other combination looks like **** on a log
Old 12-01-2004
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
It Might be to late for this post. but o well.....I have Red on my car and its ok....i've installed blue and green on my friends.........but recently i put white on my g/f's car ( the only legal color you can have) and i have to say..i like it ....alot....it looks clean and its not to distracting (the main reasons the colors are illegal) ....blue looks sexy but you cant drive w/ them on.......i had my girls whites on and drove by like 3 cops one night.....non pull'd us over. and one even complemented on it........i say white. is clean and sexy lookin.....best of all its legal.

P.s Her car is black
Old 12-02-2004
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
you should check Tennesee highway patrol page, see if they are allowed or not before you even buy them. you could get a fix it ticket, and have to take them off something to think about.
Old 12-03-2004
Registered!!

macH is an unknown quantity at this point
hell No
Old 12-03-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
White would look good IMO
Old 12-03-2004

Chris2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i love mine... they look great if the bulbs are hiden and now shown.. heres mine.. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/member.php?u=16511
Old 12-22-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
playa6tnine is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the l.e.d. underbody lights are way tyter. they have unique lighting and also come with different lighting patterns
Old 12-29-2004
Registered!!

PacSmalls is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont like neons
Old 12-29-2004
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I think they're ricey. But just my opinion. Don't let that affect your decision

Quick Reply: Do you like underbody neons?