Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

camber adjustment help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
camber adjustment help

to start off i have a camber kit( spc front and rear). im lowered on the koni sports springs, so its not that low.

anyone have a problem getting the camber adjusted on the spc kit? i brought my car to a firestone to get it aligned, and some things seem wrong. my car pulls to the right and the drivers side wheel is tilted in at the top. so i call them up and they tell me to bring it back in. i sit in rush hour traffic for an hour to get there, so im pissed at this point when they tell me "well thats as close as it will get." so i ask why the left drivers wheel is tilted but the right is spot on. and he said he dont know what to tell me. so here's the numbers. im not sure whats good or not but since i can easily see the drivers side is way diff then the pas side, this bothers me.

front left: camber -1.2
caster 1.6
toe -0.02
SAI 15.3
included angle 14.1

front right: camber 0.1
caster 1.8
toe 0.00
SAI 12.0
included angle 12.0

front cross camber:-1.3 cross caster:-0.2 cross SAI:3.4 total toe:-0.02

rear left: camber -1.3
toe 0.09

rear right: camber -0.8
toe 0.04

rear cross camber -0.5 total toe .13 thrust angle 0.02

another thing i dont like is that the left front camber is out of the specified range of -0.8 to 0.8. so any input will greatly help. thanks guys
Old 08-15-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: camber adjustment help

what kinda drop do u have??
Old 08-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I'm learning about camber as well... the trial and error way.

So when I was replacing my suspension the other week I messed up my tie bar end and ordered a new one. Well I didnt count the threads when I took it off, and screwed it all the way in. Well, my steering wheel was at a 45 degree angle to the left when the car was going straight, and the drivers front wheel was straight, and the pass front wheel was pointed out to the right. Needless to say, when I was going straight, my tires were trying to drive away from eachother. I have been adjusting it, and I need to change it one more thread and it should be good. So basically look at your wheels when your wheel is top dead center- which one is pointed out/in- if not both.

Pointed out- take off wheel, loosen nut on tie bar end, and spin the tie bar end counter clockwise a few times till you find the right spot.
Pointed in- take off wheel, loosen nut on the tie bar end, and spin the tie bar end clockwise a few times till you find the right spot.

You can pretty much eyeball it for the most part with the wheel off, then with the wheel on- you can get a better idea. taking it around the block you'll get an even better idea when your wheels straight and you notice what way the car pulls.

If your car pulls to the right, then on your left wheel your tie bar end needs to be screwed in clockwise, or right wheel's tie bar end needs to be screwed out counterclockwise.

If your car pulls to the left, flip the directions.

Thats how I can best describe how to fix your tie rod alignment/ get your tilted steering wheel untilted and to go straight.

If your tires look straight, then your problem could be due to your camber being differnt on each side- obviously causing dif sides to contact the ground different- causing it to drift.
Old 08-15-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

i think his problem is camber, not toe triz, if it is out 1.3 then either the camber bolt doesnt have enough adjustability, or his drop is too much for that particular camber kit
Old 08-15-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

"causing it to drift." --Triz

civic drifting = my dreams (not going to happen)

i just installed a rear camber kit and took it to a local shop and they had no problem doing the adjustment, so it shouldn't be "as good as they can get it". did they tell you that all of your number were within the factory spec - they might have some splainin' to do. how much is your drop anyway?

Last edited by HonCiv02; 08-15-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2007
Registered!!

ok my drop is like 1.5 plus some settle( its the koni sport springs. like a finger to a finger and a half gap.)

the camber bolt does have enough adjustability as the right front wheel is 0.1, but the left front wheel is out of specs--- its -1.2 and should be between -.8 and .8

and the alignment was done by a firestone shop. and he didnt tell me the numbers, i had to keep asking him for a printout, and when he gave it to me and i asked about the front, he said "i dont know what to tell you"
Old 08-15-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i am dropped 1.5" on h&r springs - i understand that it is different from your setup - but without a front camber kit, Farm and Fleet was able to get the front within the factory specs no problem. i would definitely take it back and tell them that they should either finish the alignment or refund you because they suck.

if they really say that they cannot do anything for you, then i would take it somewhere else and have them look at it. good luck man.

*farm and fleet is like a smaller chain of wal-mart type stores in the midwest.

Last edited by HonCiv02; 08-15-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: explaining farm and fleet
Old 08-15-2007
Banned

i agree, if u have spc then it should be plenty, id do as stated above, get it redone... im dropped on the same and my camber is all 0.0 on all 4 corners
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

well i went this morning( for the third time) and got my money back. so ill be bringing it someplace else. thanks for the input guys
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

any time man, good luck