Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

NEWBIES READ!!! IMPORTANT!! Suspension FAQ and TORQUE SPECS!!!

Old 01-06-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation NEWBIES READ!!! IMPORTANT!! Suspension FAQ and TORQUE SPECS!!!

For those of you that know or don't know, we DO have a Suspension FAQ on the front page. It contains updated the parts list with most of the recent parts. If you guys find any problems, find that I need to add a part/part number/specific, let me know. I want to try to keep it updated as much as possible.

READ ALL OF THE FAQ!

Suspension FAQ

It will always be in my sig.

Please read this
The Car Maintenance Bibles

Indexing your stock shocks/struts
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...ighlight=index

Bellz's sway bar sheet - Give him a big kiss!
Honda Sway Bar Specs

Torque specs
Front nuts and bolts that hold shock assembly to brake assembly(2 on each side):
116ft lbs. (includes oem replacement bolts)

Front end links:
29ft lbs

Front bolts that hold the bracket and bushings on front sway bar:
29ft lbs

Front nut that secures tie rod to shock assembly:
32ft lbs

Front and rear shock tower nut in center (on top of shock)
33ft lbs

Front three shock tower nuts (on top of shock around center bolt)
33ft lbs

Front brake hose and wheel sensor harness bracket bolts:
10mm one: 7.2ft lbs
12mm one: 16ft lbs

Rear bolts to rear upper arm or camber kit (all three):
43ft lbs

Rear nuts on end links:
top: 28ft lbs
bottom: 29ft lbs

Rear bolt that holds brackets and bushings on rear sway:
16ft lbs

Rear bolt that holds bottom of rear shock:
45ft lbs

Rear two shock tower nuts:
43ft lbs

Last edited by robbclark1; 04-08-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2004

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Please, Please read this before you post!!! If you ask any questions that are clearly answered in this FAQ than your post(s) will be locked.
Old 06-16-2004
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
Also other threads worth mentioning...

OFFICIAL Koni Rear Shock Information

2K1 Suspension Replaced

What proper indexing looks like!

Air Bag FAQ

Last edited by robbclark1; 04-07-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2005

REAR CAMBER ARM HONDA/ACURA

Instructions

EZ Arm XR(tm)

1. Before beginning any alignment, always check for loose or worn parts, tire pressure, and odd tire wear patterns.
2. Raise rear of vehicle and support on jack stands.
3. Remove rear wheel and tire assembly. If applicable, loosen and remove small bolt holding anti-lock brake wire bracket to upper arm and position out of the way. Loosen and remove bolt and nut from spindle at the upper control arm. Remove the 2 bolts holding the upper control arm to the body and remove arm.
4. Make sure that both ends of the 67230 have equal threads showing on either side of the turnbuckle. Install the 67230 arm by first installing the 2 bolts at the body and torque to manufacturer's specifications.
5. Install the arm to spindle bolt using the supplied nut but DO NOT tighten. Replace wheel and tire assembly. alignment equipment, and re-compensate.

NOTE: Tightening the nuts with the vehicle in the raised position may cause premature bushing wear due to preloading the bushing.

6. Adjust camber by loosening jam nuts and turning center piece to desired camber specifications

NOTE: The maximum length of the arm is reached when the flat on one rod is visible at the end of the turnbuckle adjuster. DO NOT lengthen the arm beyond this point.

7. After camber adjustment is made, make sure that either set of holes on the center piece are pointing to the rear of the vehicle and then tighten the jam nuts. Tighten the arm to spindle bolt to manufacturer's specifications.
8. Cut part of the tab off as shown in Figure #1 on the anti-lock wire bracket with a pair of side cutting pliers. Mount bracket on center piece of arm so tab fits in large hole and install supplied small bolt in threaded hole and tighten, securing bracket to arm. Use care not to over tighten bolt.

Always check for proper clearance between suspension components and other components of the vehicle.

9.Set rear toe to specifications, complete alignment and road test vehicle.
Old 10-10-2006

Provided by PunkingCivic

Ksport

MEGAN

D2

NEX

BG

OMNI

Progress

N1

Tein Basic

Tein SS w/ pillow mounts

Jic Magic