Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Anyone get the H&R Cup kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bboyclumsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone get the H&R Cup kit

I just got a 2003 ex coupe and was looking at suspension upgrades. I like the tein ss but the price is kinda too much for me. Anyone get the H&R cup kit.
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=10052
Old 05-07-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
On the site it says its a true coilover. Why does it cost 600 when true coilovers like teins and b&g are like 1000? Is it a true coilover or a sleeved coilover? How much do they drop?
Old 05-07-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It isn't a true coilover. It is a matched shock and spring. It will lower 2" in the front, 1.7" rear. Basically, is a spring with a specifically designed shorter shock to get good performance. And I don't know of anyone who has it because it is either not out yet or on "special order" whatever the fvck that means. So go ahead and get it and tell us all how it is!!
Old 05-07-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 1siksivik
On the site it says its a true coilover. Why does it cost 600 when true coilovers like teins and b&g are like 1000? Is it a true coilover or a sleeved coilover? How much do they drop?
There is also an H&R coilover set coming (or just released). Its like $1300.
Old 05-07-2003
Registered!!

Spazbitte is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple questions. If you got a coupe why get the hr kit? The back is already jacked up on coupes and with that kit your going to be low upfront with the back just sitting up. Right now thats a decent price though to lower the car. If you do decide to get it make sure you come back and tell us how it is.
Old 05-07-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
HR knows what they are doing. I know what you mean when you say that the back might still look raised when most of us would want it "even". I hope it doesn't look too bad because it is one of my future options.
Old 05-07-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
you can adjust static weight of a car by altering the ride height, it only works so much, but basically, the side with the higher ride hight will have more weight on it. and we need as much weight transfered to the back as we can. Understeer sucks.

according to H&R the CIVIC versions of the Cup Kit are supose to have adjustible dampinging and ride hight. somthing that they have never offered with any other cup kit. Just for us Civic drivers.
Old 05-07-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
the "adjustable height" will probably be that like the koni rears are. you know how it comes with that adjustable rear clip.