Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Drop options for 215/45/17 tires???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Drop options for 215/45/17 tires???

So i have falkens running on my flik rims with a 42 offset. I wanted the offset to further widen the stance since our cars are pretty narrow. Anyway, i read that goldlines can make the car rub on the tires sized 215/45/17. Im thinking that my options are GC's, sportlines, Teins, and HandR cup kit do to the adjustablity. Does anyone know which option, or other option, would work best? BTW im leaning toward teins and the cup kit because the stock struts on the '01 suck! and i dont like konis cause they still use the housing of the stock ones...Thanks
Old 03-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
The HR cup kit isn't out yet, but it has integrated shocks so you don't have to work about running on stock shocks. It is basically a matched shock/spring combination. It is a low drop tho, 2" probably a little more once they settle. Teins will give you the adjustability if you need it. I would going with sleeved coilovers even tho GCs are good. I would go with Teins or B & G. If you just want to drop with no shocks then get the neuspeeds. I wouldn't drop with no shocks tho, but that is just me. I am sure you won't rub with the neuspeeds.
Old 03-25-2003
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I would not change the offset. On front wheel drive cars we need the the 40 mm offset - esp on civics - to prevent the front wheels from ripping off and the car from wondering. Rear wheel drive cars do not have this problem. The best way will be to get the spacers from H&R. They have a wide variety of sizes to choose from (from 5mm to 30mm). They are track proven so do not be too skeptical on the reliability. Its up to you.
Old 03-27-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
According to H&R, the cup kit will also be height/damping adjustable. By how much, who knows, but adjustable spring/shock combo for roughly $600, I'm in!
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Get something adjustable. Then you can dial in the amount of rub you get. :devil:
Check out pics of my ride. Only my fronts rub during hard turns and big changes in elevation in the road (bumps).