Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Any springs work with stock struts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003
The Greatest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
Any springs work with stock struts?

Which springs, for a sedan, lower the car to a decent amount(nothing drastic) but can use the stock struts and wont blow them out? Goldlines? Neuspeed? Also, which won't give that sagging look?
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
lowering the car always risks blowing your stock struts...it's better to upgrade all at once rather than waiting for the stock stuff to give out. From what I've seen, a month or two and they'll be toast. As for a drop, I think you're looking for a 1.5-1.7" drop if anything...anything lower and it might be too low for what you're going for...

I hope that helps (and hope my info is accurate!)

T-X

PS: Are you in Worcester still?
Old 01-08-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not too familiar with sedan springs but any springs work with stock struts but aftermarket struts definitely will improve ride quality simply because the stock struts weren't made for that short of travel. I've had my car lowered on stock struts for about 3 months now and it still rides ok, mine aren't blown. The catch is that if you pay for a spring install, you could get aftermarket struts done at the same time and it may be cheaper depending on the shop as opposed to going back and paying again later......
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
I think H&r sport is okay with stock shocks...i have use neuspeed race and i think it's still ok........
Old 01-08-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I've had H&R springs on stock struts for 2 years now, and no problems.
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't care what anyone tells you, if you go below an inch on stock shocks, they are going to blow w/i 6 months at the most. Anyone that is lowered beyond an inch and is riding on functioning oe shocks is blessed by God or doesn't know their shocks are blown.

I would say to go with the eiback pro-kit as it lowers ~1inch but the rear sags like hay on the sedan. I had them and the back drops a good 1.5-2" while the front only drops an ~1inch.

I have the neuspeed sports (for the SEDAN) and I have about a 1 finger gap all the way around. Shocks are blown but lasted about 3 months or so. I am waiting on tokicos.

Main thing is you need to go with a manufacturer that makes different springs for the sedan and coupe. Also, a ~1inch drop will pretty much only be noticeable to you and I doubt you be happy with the look if you want the car to look lowered. If you want a lowered look but not put the car in the weeds, the neuspeed sports will be an excellent choice. You will need to new shocks and camber kits for the rear. Lowering just isn't as simple as slapping on springs to do it right.
Old 01-08-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
this topic has been discussed many times before, you have also gotten enough answers here
please search for more info if needed...
-locked-