Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension problem - too stiff?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002
Escaped Convict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
Suspension problem - too stiff?

Well, I'm trying to fix everything thats wrong with my car..

and couple months ago I got into an accident... the shop never fixed my car too well... when they handed it back to me the rear left (side that got hit) was stiff as heck, when I press on the top of the rear trunk on the left, the car wont budge at all... (ususally when u press hard u can make the car go up and down..)

so I take it back to them.. and they "fixed it" so yeah it feels better.. but still doesn't feel right... I'm too tired to bi*ch further (2nd mistake, 1st was accident) so I just took the car... plus, I didn't have time.. really needed the car..

anyhow now that I think about it, its still kinda stiff... I press on the rear left of the trunk and it does bounce now, but still a bit stiff when compare to other corners of the car.

anyone know what the problems could be? at first I thought it was the shocks (like they give me a blown one) but they fixed it right away... and it didn't seem like they replaced anything... so what did they do to make it less stiff?

still, it could be the shocks I guess, I'll never know. I duno where I should go to have it checked... if I go to the dealers and let them know its been in an accident, they're really going to try and rip me off... so some ideas and info would greatly be appreciate... just so I can arm myself with something if I ever go to the dealer or a different shop.

thanks again.
Old 12-02-2002
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
How hard was the hit? What repairs were made? You should have a paper telling you precisely what was worked on fixed or replaced ect. If your not happy with the repair, talk to your insurance company they are required to fix the vehicle to Pre accident condition and if the body shop didn’t do that then the Insurance co. should know about it and fix it.
Old 12-03-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
hmm I know those are the rules... but I guess its cuz we paid them cheap thats why we got a cheap job..

I really should have been more responsible in handling all these things...

my rear left tire got hit... smashed it in... I believe the completely suspension on the rear left is gone... they said they replaced the whole thing but I doubt it... I'm guessing the left LCA, shocks, tires, joints... etc. are replaced.

I'll see if there's a list...

Old 12-03-2002
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
those are the rules in california. This is coming from a guy whos family has been in the automotive colission repair business for 17 years.