Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

? For people with small drops...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
? For people with small drops...

For those of you with small drops, Let's say, 1.25" or less (Pro-kit or H&R) , did you also replace the shocks with it? Or can the stock ones survive a 1 or 1.25" drop?
Old 10-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Goldlines which are 1.75 drop and my stock struts are fine so they should for sure be with a lesser drop.
Old 10-28-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya with such a small drop like that you should be fine for awhile. but then the ride will still be a little rougher. but then why spend money to drop your car so little? you probably cant even tell your car is lowered with such a small drop. and i know your not for performance cause if you were, aftermarket shocks would be a must. but ya to me a 1.2" drop is a waste of money.
Old 10-29-2002
Registered!!

BrotherSound is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the pro-kit with the stock struts, they seem fine for now. I plan on replacing them with the koni's In about a year or so. I'm sure you'll be fine & I'm sure the roads in texas are far superior to the roads here in MA.

Fort Wayne's in Texas right?
Old 10-29-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
ya with such a small drop like that you should be fine for awhile. but then the ride will still be a little rougher. but then why spend money to drop your car so little? you probably cant even tell your car is lowered with such a small drop. and i know your not for performance cause if you were, aftermarket shocks would be a must. but ya to me a 1.2" drop is a waste of money.[hr]
I'm more concerned with being able to get by for a few months until I can afford to buy aftermarket shocks more than a permanent fixture. I don't want to lower it and then blow the shocks 2 weeks later. Plus I don't need Adjustable Konis, so I'm waiting.... Perhaps I may as well wait for springs and just blow it all at once.....

And Fort Wayne is in Indiana, where the roads do suck.
Old 10-29-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Shouldn't be a problem with stock shocks and Pro Kit, unless you drive in some really rough places. However your ride may be a little bouncy since the shocks will always be compressed a little, and your handling will be a little off. You should be good for as long as you say you are going to wait for shocks. Of course you will have to do the job or pay for it twice to install springs, and later install shocks. I got my Pro Kit and waited till I could get Koni Yellows and then installed all at one time. I'm very happy with the setup.

You might not think you need adjustable shocis, but with them you will be able to tune your suspension for your driving style, and the ride and handling combination you want. The springs/shocks combination is the one biggest thing you can do for your car's handling. All the other bolt ons are just icing on the cake.
Old 10-29-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya a downfall would be you would have to pay twice for installation. its your choice tho, if you plan on getting shocks in like 2 months, just wait and save the $100. if you dont plan on getting them for a year then drop it now cause chances are your stock shocks are going to last awhile. the ride isnt that badd anyways. i've been riding on stock shocks with my neuspeed sports for like 6 months now... stock shocks are still fine but ya the ride isnt too great(but then i did get 18s a month ago so that has alot to do with it). and the air pressure in my tires arent right(you'd be amazed by what putting air in your tires can do to you ride).
but ya your choice whether you buy konis now or not but stock shocks should even last awhile with sportlines and sports as long as you dont drive like an idiot. and i dont think the roads can get any worse then here so...