Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need Suspension Setup Opinion!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luda is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Suspension Setup Opinion!!

I have 215/45/17r Yoko A550V tires on a stock suspension setup. Money for this setup is at about $500. What should I use to get a tight handling with about a 1 finger gap. Anything lower than that will be too much for me in the New England weather. This is my daily commuter. You guys seem to have been through the mill with suspension setups from all the threads I have read. Yet I still can't seem to figure out what I should do. Right now I am leaning towards a Eibach Pro-Kit with stock shocks. You guys tell me what you would do with this vehicle. Again remeber I need a practical daily commuter setup for New England! Thanks in advance.

image1
image2
image3
image4
image5
Old 08-23-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
eh.... i have neuspeed sports on 18s and it is also a daily driver in the ghetto streets on LA. i have no problems driving. only thing i probably drive carefully around are speedbumps. i personally think the prokit is a waste of money but thats just me. a stranger on the street probably wont even know your car is lower if you have the prokit. if your really paranoid about shocks blowing and having to worry about driving in your area then ya go with the prokit.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have a coupe, I would go with the prokits. You aren't going to get that slammed look and laymen may not be able to tell the car is lowered. However, while the car doesn't really look lowered, it does have a much better overall look to the car. It just looks better without really being able to tell what did it. Plus, handling is noticeably better, ride is only slightly worse than stock, you just might not need camber kits, and your stock struts should be ok. It sounds like it would be just what you are looking for.
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

I had a pro kit on my 94 Accord EX that unfortunately ate the bullet on a 100 shot at the track. I loved the ride and was completely satisfied with the drop. Just seems that the pro kit for civics don t seem to drop as well. I have a 3 finger gap right now. Would the pro kit drop it down to at least 1 finger gap and stiffer ride??
Old 08-25-2002
The Standard One

first post "What should I use to get a tight handling with about a 2 - 3 finger gap. Anything lower than that will be too much for me in the New England weather"
second post "I have a 3 finger gap right now. Would the pro kit drop it down to at least 1 finger gap and stiffer ride??"

kinda contradicting yourself. prokit will probably drop about 2 finger gap or like 2.2. neuspeed sports, goldlines or sportlines will give you about 1 finger gap. i have neuspeed sports and had 1 1/2 finger gap with stock lx wheels, now i have 1 finger gap with 215-40-18 tires.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

Simkin is an unknown quantity at this point
The eibach pro-kit will give you the drop that you want. But to eliminate the poor-handling, you are going to have to get some koni-yellows atleast. I set my koni's 3/5 to full for front and 1/4 full for rear. Check out my ride to see if that's about what you want.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

I corrected the intial post. Sorry for the confusion.

So sportlines will give me my 1 finger gap. Great! Now with my size tires I can only assume I will have to drive like VNlilMAN and becareful on speed bumps and the like. Ok I can live with that... but what about camber and stock shocks? Will I need to purchase specific shocks for the lowering of the vehicle or are stocks fine? Will the toe in be that bad with this level of lowering also.

Basically hoping to find someone who can post their results with my identical wheel size. Looking for parts required, or at least their parts purchased that provided a problem free setup.

Don't want to have to get under the car 17 times if I can plan it all out properly and professionally first time out.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

Whooooo!!!!

Thank you Simkin!!

That's the perfect setup for me. Looks sweet and its my same tire setup. You just made my Monday man!!

So it's:

Eibach Pro-kit
Koni yellows... are there any other equivalent shocks?

I think I am going to do the sway bar setup as you did. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-26-2002
The Standard One

just to let you know, only why simkins drop looks fine is cause of the kit, since you dont have one your car still might look too high... a kit makes a big difference...
Old 08-27-2002
Registered!!

Yes I understand that. Thanks for making the observation. All I wanted was a wheel gap closure. This demonstarted fom his photos is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks to all for the help!