Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torrid10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension advice

I just bought a 2002 EX coupe and am looking to make some mods, starting with suspension. I've pretty much decided to go with 17" wheels and Eibach pro-kit for springs, which according to what I've seen will drop the car 1". I've read that you should try to match shocks to the new springs. Ideally I would think Eibach shocks (Pro-Damper) would be the best, but I haven't seen them available for my car. Does anyone know if/when they will offer this or a good alternative? Also, will I have any allignment issues with these springs?
Old 08-13-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
first off, are you going for a slammed look? cause if so, you could hardly even tell the car is dropped with the prokit. and yes eibach hasnt come out with any dampers for our cars yet. your very limited when it comes to shocks cause konis are the only ones available for our cars now... if you want a very good suspension, you should look into true coilovers.. they come with both shock and coilover and are tuned to work together, something you seem to be looking for. they range from 800-1200. if you havnt already please read the suspension FAQ and it should answer a couple of your questions. and if you have any other unanswered question, feel free to ask here... as for alignment, it is always recommended that you get one after you lower your car.
Old 08-13-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply. No I'm not really going for the slammed look just trying to get better performance. Any thoughts on how well the konis work with the pro-kit? You mention coilovers. I haven't looked into those yet ... any brands I should pay attention to?
Old 08-13-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
most people who get prokits or even sportlines dont get aftermarket shocks. they say it rides almost as good as stock. so with koni's i'm sure the ride is going to be great. koni's also have the adjustable damper setting so you could adjust it to your preference.

there are two different type of coilovers:
1) sleeved coilovers: skunk2, groundcontrol. in the $300 range. you might want to get koni's with these.... the ride isn't a great as springs but the konis will probably make it as good as stock.
2) true coilovers: tein, b&g. up in the 1200 range. as i said before, these come with shock and coilover that are designed to work together. so yes you wouldnt need konis. if you wait a lil longer NEX should come out with version 2 and from what i hear they're around $800.
-as you probably know, advantage of coilovers over springs is you get to adjust the height. so if one day you feel like slamming your car, you can. its not as easy as 1-2-3 but its also not as hard as getting new springs and installing them all over again.
Old 08-13-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the info - time to scan the 'zines again [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]