Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Golf clubs in trunk??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Golf clubs in trunk??!?!?!

Hey guys

This is probably a retarded question..but..

I installed my goldlines on the weekend (and I love them). But I noticed that on some small bumps there's this weird sound coming from the rear...almost like there are golf clubs rattling in the trunk...but its taking place in the strut tower.

Does anyone know what this could be? I cut the bumpstops properly, I installed everything as planned...I even installed a camber kit.

THe only thing I can think of, is that its the camber arms' nuts rattling, and coming loose (the nuts that allow you to adjust the camber..you know, those ones that you loosen so you can turn the BIG thing in the middle)? I could be wrong, though.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
alot of people who installed springs get that... its most likely cause of the springs rubbing against the bottom and upper perch... people have said that spraying wd-40 stops it for a couple days. some also put a rubber sleeve in between the spring and bottom perch... i think thats why one of the DIY recommend you lube it with lithium grease...
Old 08-12-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
interesting.

I'm ok if its rubbing...I'm just scared that its not a loose bolt/nut or something. that would really suck [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

VNlilMAN, thanks for the help...you're a suspension god! all of my spastic questions were answered, and in a short amount of time! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

thanks!
Old 08-12-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
its possible that a bolt is loose. you could try checking all the bolts if your parranoid...
as for me being a suspension god, eh.. i dont know a whole lot about all the bars(strut bars, tie bars, etc...) and a whole lot of other stuff so ya i wouldnt call myself that. but i'm glad that i'm able to help...
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

y2k2ciVic is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember when i started on this board me and vnlilman kinda butted heads, but now that i have gotten to know him he is really a helpful person, gives good honest advice, thankd vnlilman . Props to ya