Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

DIY Camber Kit QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
DIY Camber Kit QUESTION

Hey

After reading the quick little DIY for the SPC camber kit...I was wondering...someone said you need a special tool to install it?

Does anyone know where I can get this tool?

I'm going to be installing my SPC kit tonight/tomorrow, along with my new goldlines, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
ack...forget my question, I now realize what's involved for the front...but I didn't bother putting in the bolt.

is it really just one bolt? I think I'll let the doodz who align my car, fiddle with the bolt if the front is in need of alignment. I guess its the back that's usually the problem, though, hey?

I see nobody replied to this...dang. so if anyone wants to know about installing springs (I was installing goldlines), the front is really easy. It just takes a bit of patience! I've never done ANYTHING like this in my life (I'm just starting to learn about cars), and the first spring install took about 1.5hrs or so...the second one took maybe 15 minutes. No joke. Don't know about the rear yet, but man...it was easy.

so if any total noob is scared to do it: don't be. go for it.

Old 08-10-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i dont think you need a special tool to install it, you might need one to adjust the rear tho, but ya the aligment shop might have it...
n yes the front is just one bolt
the rear is only 3.

btw did you use a spring compresser? if so what kind?
Old 08-10-2002
Ask me about your mom.

Yup...I used a no-name spring compressor.

I got it (in canada) from Princess Auto.

It's just a bolt with two clamps...one moves freely, and the other is threaded. so when you tighten the bolt, it moves the free moving one closer to the other one.

but, DAYAM! I can't get at the rear bolts?!?!?! I have a sedan [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

the front went off without a hitch, thanks to your great DIY!!!!

thanks!

anybody do the sedan by yourself? any info on how to get at those bolts in the trunk?
Old 08-10-2002
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Hey Vnilman, I plan to do a rear camber install with the guys that put my springs in for me, tomorrow... Do you think its DIYable? I've heard cambers can be hard to install. Well if they knew how to put in the springs for me, they should be able to figure out how the camber kits goes (only for rear). Oh and by the way, thanx 4 the info about the dead coils, its still wierd though...heh...
Old 08-10-2002
Ask me about your mom.

SVongkasem...it's really really easy.

i am a complete moron when it comes to cars, and I managed (with the help of my friend) to do the spring install and the camber kit install.

the trick is just to make sure the spinning bar is evenly spaced between both ends. other than that, its a breeze. i did it while i had the whole assembly apart, and it was really easy.

good luck!
Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
For the bolts that holds the strut to the top of the car, I used a close end wrench and pulled the rear seats dow nand worked it. The thing is you gotta have someone keep the strut up so its easier to take the bolt off[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] Its kinda hard with one person buts its possible.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
i personally havnt installed a camber kit but from looking at the DIY it seems pretty easy, just 3 bolts for the rear..

as for the bolts on the rear, ya mine was pretty hard too, i found it to be hard getting it from the rear seat even tho its closer... i just got inside my trunk, used 2 extensions(a long one and the one that moves around, not sure what thats called) but ya after awhile i managed to get it off.
Old 08-11-2002
Ask me about your mom.

I think I'll post some pics for the people with sedans. It might help coupe owners too, but I took pictures of what you have to do to get at the rear struts. Hopefully someone else can learn from my experience!