Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

more comfortable ride with neuspeed sport or eibach sportline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
more comfortable ride with neuspeed sport or eibach sportline?

I am going to get the drop , not like slammed civic, but I am going to drop with Neuspeed Sport or Eibach
sportline...I want the more comfortable smooth ride almost smooth as stock, which one bro's? Vnlilman,
especially you bro, I live in the city too, and I trust you more , you seem cool man, than many on here that dog us new cats.........
Old 07-03-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
haha whussup, thanks...
when i was getting my car dropped i was trying to decide on the same thing... i went with neuspeed sports however... 1) cause the drop looked slightly better IMO 2) cause i heard they were just as good as eibachs 3) its $50 cheaper...

i have never rode on eibachs before but EVERYONE will tell you, they're the ****. as for neuspeed alot of people tell you they are good and there are a few that dont like them. i personally think that the neuspeed are good enough and that it probably couldn't be that much better(ride quality wise) with eibachs. but ya heres my review on the neuspeed sports...

its not low enough for me, have 1 1/2 finger gap all around... this is good if you want to kill the gap and good for daily drivers cause i hardly scrape at all. n yes i drive pretty crazy too. as for ride quality, it does get bumpy at times but for the most part its good. its been 2 months and i've been on stock shocks and so far havnt seen any signs of improper tire wear due to neg camber on my stock firestones. oh and did i mention it was $50 less then eibachs?

another spring you might want to look at are goldlines. havnt heard one badd thing about them... but ya for the same price i would just get neuspeed...
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey vnlil bro, thanks, I am either going to go with eibachs or the same springs you have nuespeed for the coupe, you have seen the eibachs and say the drop and look is better on the coupe with the nuespeed than the eibachs, right? I just wish I could talk to someone that had eibachs on their coupe...thanks bro you are one of the most helpful on here, be safe on the streets of LA.....
Old 07-03-2002
The Standard One

there are quite a few people here with eibachs, i know its time consuming but try looking through the members ride or search the forums
Old 07-09-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
i say go with the neuspeeds... lower drop and cheaper
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

y2k2ciVic is an unknown quantity at this point
i had neuspeed sports on my 1992 accord and loved them, they squeak, forever, everyone i talk to around here anyways doesnt recomment them, i dunno why, the drop was descent, camber kit definetely was needed, 400$later. =) The handline was awesome and i ran on them on blown shocks for ever and never any problems, ride was rough but i dont think you can avoid that, it going to happen with anycar u drop. I recommend neuspeed, i got them and cambers all around for 350 bones. Tony, i have a question as well, anyone recommend groundcontrol, looking at getting them for my VIC
Old 07-09-2002
The Standard One

alot of people have been having problems with groundcontrols. if it was me getting them i would probably get skunk2's
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

WishIWaitedForRSX is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got a set of sportlines put in for my car, haven't had much time to drive in it though, I guess I'll know in a while. It's actually a bit lower than I expect, the 1.4" did end up to be near a 2" drop. Maybe I shoulda gone with Pro-kit instead for winter weather in Canada, but heck, too late, and these seem to feel fine. Although contrary to people saying the rear sags, I find the front feels like it's dropped more than the back, as the stock back is quite high!

As for comfort-wise, it definitely is stiffer and bouncier at times, but wasn't too much more than the stock. I compared my Si (Canadian, i.e., US EX) with my friend's new 02 LX, and the LX has an even higher stock!! I don't know if it's the stock springs not setting yet, but the Si here has a tighter suspension than the LX so that may be it.

Anyway, back to the point, from my research and talking to people at shops and even Honda techs, the general consensus seems to be Eibachs are the best out there due to true R&D done on their springs. I'd say Neuspeed is a good name too, but IMHO Eibach must have a good reason to roll out their 7thgen Civic line with springs .4" higher than tradition dictates (even on their site traditionally Pros are 1.4 drop and Sportlines are 1.7-2, the current line of Eibachs for 7thgen are 1" and 1.4")...

Of course, all this assumes the scenario of stock struts. Proper aftermarket struts are required if expecting better than stock ride...

I just hope my stock struts will hold until there are more struts available for our cars... I do like Koni's, but many people seem to have problems with them this time around... Waiting for other companies to catch up and make a more complete solution that doesn't involve drilling and modifying part of the stock system.
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

ScottieEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i've had sportlines on my car for more than a month now and i think they're pretty good. first of all it did drop more than i expected. i'm still riding on stock 15 hubs and thers about 1 to 1.5 finger gap in front and about 1.5 to 2 in rear. the ride is noticeably stiffer than stock, but nothing close to unbearable. its stiff, meaning more bumpy, but not bouncy. the rear doesnt bounce as it did stockwise. as far as cornering it is much improved and there is much less body roll than stock.
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

WishIWaitedForRSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed. Had a chance to drive it over local, highway, and even bumpy streetcar tracks this morning. Ride is noticeably stiffer, and made my stomach turn at the latter, but still bearable.

Yup, the car doesn't bounce, the ride is low but not slammed... I like it. Although the stock 15s now look even more tiny since it's now more hidden within the wheel well, will need to get 17s soon to counter that effect.

I'd expect the neuspeed to be even lower, and I'd suggest anyone who'd drive in the city (even on suburb street with potholes and patch roads) to go with the Eibach for the slightly higher ride. Again, unless you get koni's to go with it. Of course, IMHO.
Old 07-10-2002
The Standard One

sorry i have to disagree, i live on the ghetto streets of LA and have no problems with my neuspeed sports. infact if i could for free, i would go with the race. but ya the sportlines drop about 1.5/1.6 and not the 1.4 it says... neuspeeds have about a 1 1/2 finger gap all around.... i guess it depends on your preference of looks/comfort tho. i personally wouldnt mind driving a lil more careful with the race cause i basically ride my car as if it was stock with the sports.. well except going over speedbumps.