Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

H&R cup kit???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
H&R cup kit???

does anybody know about these? is this a whole set up with springs and struts or something else? after reading info on their website, it seems like it is a spring and strut set up. here is the LINK. it says it drops it 2" in front and 1.7" in rear. it is not available for the civic ex sedan. they have this on GBC for $610 shipped. if this a whole set up, this would be an alternative to konis and springs. what do y'all think about these?
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

FamilyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
It's new from H&R. They make good shizzle generally, so if I didn't already have my ride lowered AND I didn't have a 4 door sedan, I would certainly try them. Let us know if you get them, I haven't heard of anyone else on the board having them yet.
Old 06-03-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
H and R is a really good company and I would buy them if I were keeping the car. They are suposedly a good ride and they are progressive springs so they should be pretty smooth.
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this all the information and feedback that we're going to get from the cup kit???? I thought this would be the grandest break through in lowering our cars. 2 inchea all around, maybe a little more after settliing. Comes with shocks and springs for only 610. Konis alone cost 550 and then springs cost another 150. The cup kits retail above 900 and this group buy price is hella good. I believe tornactive asked a question on the groupbuy about if the seller had them in stock. Seller replied no, but product would be shipped within a week to a house. This cup kit is suppose to provide a smooth comfortable ride that is a little firmer. When I saw this sale on GBC, I was dieing to know what you guys thought about it, but I saw the sale during the site's down time. I bought the B&G setup, and I'm currently waiting for the package. I'm just planning to drop it about 2 inches, and the cup kit is half the price what I paid for the B&G. If your not all racer and **** about a perfect drop, than get the cup kits.
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking there would be more talk about this. It seems like it is a better deal for people that want to eliminate wheel gap. I already have the KONIs and Neuspeed springs. But, if I did not I would be all over this deal. Another thing is, I have a EX sedan and they do not make it for it.
Old 06-04-2002
Registered!!

IamLoki is an unknown quantity at this point
I was gonna bite on this. I got an email from the guy, and he said that HR said, the cup kit is still in production for our cars and should be out soon. It was on his list, that's why he thought they were out.
Old 06-08-2002

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
i was looking at the cup kit as well as an alt to the koni/eibach combo. would like to see it on a vehicle and be able to ride in it before i make the leap tho...
Old 06-08-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Any more info on this? I was about to finalize the purchase on a Koni/Neuspeed combo and just saw this thread. I can't find what type of warranty these things have. Rob@Tornactive? Anyone?
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

I've emailed SpeedDriven.com who was hosting the group buy, hopefully I will get a reply. The part number for the 2001 Civic cup-kit is 31866-1.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Tornactive emailed H&R about the cup kit and he said that it's not out yet for consumers. I also think he said they're taking orders from dealers, but that doesn't mean they're going to get it anytime soon. You might be looking at like another month or two till you actually get it after you buy it from group buy in my opinion. Just a guess from what i've heard...
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Just got this....

the cup kit for the 2001 civic is still in development, but H&R informed me it will be out this summer. and i will still offer it for 610 shipped if you are interested, you shouldn't have any probvlems with rubbing as long as you choose the right wheel for your car, the h&r cup kit usually only drops about around 2", it is height adj. like the konii and also damper adj.

Thank you,
Andrew
Speed Driven Performance
www.SpeedDriven.com
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

IamLoki is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Andrew. Hope you still have my email addy. When these are in, LMK

Alex
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

What...they're height adjustable??? ARe you sure... No way, height adjustables for 610? I thought they were just shocks that are perfectly tuned with matched springs. And are you selling them or are you matching the price of the business on groupbuy???

Wait...correction, do you mean that the perch can be adjusted to about only two perch levels like hte Koni???
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Are you talking to me?

I am just relaying the email I got from the shop that was running the group buy. You probably need to direct your questions to him.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Oh, sorry SQ. I thought for a moment you were selling them too. Thanks for the input. I mistakenly thought you were saying that, but you were just quoting the seller. Thanks again.