Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Rear Camber Kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rear Camber Kits

some firestones won't even touch you car if its lowerd others dont care.
Old 10-16-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SSMCivicCoupe
Yea I was thinking of -2 or -1 for the rear but if they dont accept the specific spec I want will it be ok if set it as 0. Would that cause uneven wear on my tires?

The last time I went to firestone I asked them about their alignment and they told me that they have a one time alignment for like $80 and then they have the Lifetime Alignment for $120 or $140 I forget but I asked them if they could do lowered vehicles they said it depends on how low the car is and that he would have to look at the car before he can give me offer me their Lifetime alignment. Is it true that they cant give me lifetime if im lowered?
you an run up to -3 degrees without causing uneven wear on your tires.

a lot of firestones might hesitate to do an alignment for you BECAUSE most lowered car are maxed out on OEM camber adjustments... that means firestone wont be able to adjust your camber to 0. this is why they will refuse to do your car

(because can you imagine an angry/stupid customer returning and blaming firestone on uneven tire wear when firestone couldn't get the customer's camber back to OEM specs due to the CUSTOMERS FAULT for lowering his/her car?)
Old 10-16-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

but..... (that big but)

most firestones will align your car if you have aftermarket camber kits that allow the firestone tech to align your car back to OEM spec (which is 0 ish degrees on all corners)

my car is lowered (about 4") and i have front/rear aftermarket camber kits.....and i DO have lifetime alignment at firestone.

i just have them align it for me at the shop, and then when i get home i readjust the camber myself...

i know a quarter turn of my front aftermarket camber/clash bolt will give me a few degrees and one rotation of my rear camber will give me about -1 degree.

i bring it to firestone the next day and tell them i JUST want a camber check (firestone near me is pretty chill. plus i bring them starbucks). they check it, and BAM.... -2f and -1r. (i tell them not to touch it)

then about 10k miles down the line i just revert all my personal camber adjustment settings and have firestone put it back to "oem spec"
Old 10-16-2012

here is my tire that i ran to death just to see how my -3 degree camber wore my rear tire (when i ran -3 in the rear. i run -1 now because want to decrease my understeer, but thats a different topic).

as you can see it wore out pretty even

Name:  fb8db114.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  196.4 KB
Old 10-19-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

depend on the shop, the one that i found do the camber adjustment for my specs (-1.5 F/-1R.
sooo, you ended backing the rear camber to less neg, sl33py?
Old 10-19-2012

yea. i decreased the camber to -1 (from -3)

the basic premis in increasing camber is to increase contact patch when you are turning. therefore, if you DECREASE camber, you will decrease contact patch traction (generally).

this is useful for a FWD car that is designed to UNDERSTEER (honda designs our FWD cars to understeer on purpose for safty reasons). so therefore, one of the ways to decrease understeer and take some load off the front wheel is the decrease rear traction of a FWD car. i have massive traction in my rear so in order to decrease it, these are the thing i did:

-put a 21mm rear sway bar. the stock is 13mm (increases stiffness)
-decrease rear camber (i went from -3 to -1)
-increae the rear tire pressure
Old 10-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough

So I got the alignment from Firestone and had them align it to my specs which I was hoping they would and they did . I went -1 in the rear as sl33pyriceboi recommended. And my fronts are -1.5.