Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein S Techs Question

Old 07-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough
Tein S Techs Question

I want to lower my 05 Civic but dont want to slam it or anything. I saw the Tein S Techs springs and it says it would give a 1.5 in drop all around and thats sounds fine but now my question is It says its ok to run the springs on stock shocks but some people say they will blow. Im plan on upgrading the shocks to Tokicko blues later on down the road but for the meanwhile will the S techs be ok on stock shocks? And Also how is the ride quality for these springs? I will just be Daily Driving it. No track or anything. Thanks
Old 07-18-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Tein S Techs Question

You should be fine for a while on stock shocks, but beware that it's like a ticking time bomb. As long as you make it a priority to replace them, I don't see a problem with it. Some guys have gotten lucky and gone 20k+ miles on stock struts, but I wouldn't push it.

For the springs, I don't know how good they are because I don't have them, but I do have TEIN coilovers and I'm very impressed with the quality, ride comfort, and of course that lovely TEIN green
TEIN also has great customer support and warranties.
Old 07-18-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

^^I concur with all that he said

I ran with tein stechs on stock shocks for a while, but noticed a vast improvement when I installed Tokico Blues.

And like krudmuphin, I, too, am now running Tein coilovers. I was very pleased with the springs, but I came across a SICK deal on a set of Tein SS-P coilovers, and I couldn't turn it down.
Old 07-18-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i would save up your money untill you can get the proper dampener (struts) with it. why would you want to spend time/money REinstalling it and REdoing the alignment?
Old 07-18-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i would save up your money untill you can get the proper dampener (struts) with it. why would you want to spend time/money REinstalling it and REdoing the alignment?
Good point. The installation can take almost an entire day, so I would try to avoid having to do it twice. And Alignments can be pricey so one-and-done is a good way to go.
Old 07-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough

So everytime the springs and shocks are take off the car you need to have an alignment done?
Old 07-18-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much. Any time I separate a tie rod from the strut I get an alignment