Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowering Springs

My local custom shop has Tein S-Tech springs. He said he will sell the springs and install them for 250$. Is this a good deal?
Also, he said that its not a big enough drop to need a camber kit, i find this hard to believe. Is this true?
My car is an EM2 01 coupe ex with 17in Konig rims.
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

20_CiViC_02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lowering Springs

Sounds like a good deal. How much are you planning on dropping it?

And what size are your tires?
Old 08-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think $181.30 with free shipping sounds better than $250 +tax
http://thmotorsports.com/tein/tein_s...0/i-35053.aspx

and I'd recommend a camber kit regardless..
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

Hoffman199 is an unknown quantity at this point

subscribing
Old 08-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and you can get away with using them on stock struts, but I'd recommend slapping the springs on a pair of tokico HP (blues) shocks. I ran for a year with s-techs on stock struts, but the ride quality got better once I installed the struts.

http://thmotorsports.com/Store/Produ...357&Make=HONDA
make sure you get the correct year (01-02 or 03-05). They changed the bottom bolt size between the years, one has a 14mm bolt, the other has a 16mm bolt.. I keep forgetting which is which. I'm sure someone will come on a post which one has which after reading this.
Old 08-27-2010
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MOCivic
My local custom shop has Tein S-Tech springs. He said he will sell the springs and install them for 250$. Is this a good deal?
Also, he said that its not a big enough drop to need a camber kit, i find this hard to believe. Is this true?
My car is an EM2 01 coupe ex with 17in Konig rims.
Not that great!

http://www.dezod.com/pd_tein_stech_springscivic.cfm

I will throw in free shipping to you if you order from us.
Old 08-27-2010
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Oh, and you can get away with using them on stock struts, but I'd recommend slapping the springs on a pair of tokico HP (blues) shocks. I ran for a year with s-techs on stock struts, but the ride quality got better once I installed the struts.

http://thmotorsports.com/Store/Produ...357&Make=HONDA
or
http://www.dezod.com/cat-shocks4.cfm
make sure you get the correct year (01-02 or 03-05). They changed the bottom bolt size between the years, one has a 14mm bolt, the other has a 16mm bolt.. I keep forgetting which is which. I'm sure someone will come on a post which one has which after reading this.
01-03 use a 14mm bolt and 03-05 use a 16mm bolt. There was an early production shift in 2003 between the two
Old 08-27-2010
7thgen Power Maker

We are a Tein authorized dealer and Eddie there is WELL below MAP, which he does not have to obide by because he is NOT direct with Tein.

Also, to the OP, a camber is recommended for the rear for sure. The rears on these cars get real out of wack quick.

http://www.dezod.com/cat-camber.cfm
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

MOCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

hes charging 150 for the springs and 100 for install. i dont have the tools or the experiance to change that springs. Is this still a good deal?
Old 08-27-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

like informed before, 183 free shipping from tein.
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

20_CiViC_02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate living in Canada. All these places are like "free shipping", but usually that's only to the states, and even if it is to Canada, I have to pay duty and border taxes.

A $50 USD item ends up costing me well over $110 CDN.

Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

sam68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate shipping anything to Canada, cost and a bunch of paperwork to fill out really sucks.
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

crossfire is an unknown quantity at this point

$100 for install all 4 springs isn't that bad of a price. My local shop wanted to charge me $150 to install my springs but I decided to do them myself and turned out great. I just didn't like the fact that my rear struts were shot to $hit. Lol
Old 08-30-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

Guys, the price the shop quoted him includes installation. So, $250 for (assuming brand new) Teins, installed, warranted... IMHO that's a pretty damn sweet deal.

Originally Posted by 20_CiViC_02
I hate living in Canada. All these places are like "free shipping", but usually that's only to the states, and even if it is to Canada, I have to pay duty and border taxes.

A $50 USD item ends up costing me well over $110 CDN.

THIS THIS THIS. It seriously sucks.
Old 08-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

only thing to look at is the condition of the springs.
they are 30 bucks less, plus the install.
So if you inspect the springs and they are good, go for it.
Old 09-01-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by Datern
Hi,Lowering Springs are designed to improve handling performance and the vehicle appearance, the aftermarket spring rates are stiffer compare to the most of the OEM factory springs. Installing the lower spring will increase corner grip and reducing body roll. While you purchase a set of spring, it is recommended to replace your factory shock absorber at once. The factory or aftermarket factory replacement shocks are not designed to support the stiffer lower springs. Once the shock failed, you might experience vehicle hopping and lose road traction. There are many different brand of lowering springs available in the market for you to choose from, you will first need to determine if you are using for street use or on the race track.
spam bot!