Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

camber kit question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point
camber kit question

Im getting ready to drop my 02 sedan on sum tein stechs(1.5"drop) and wondering which camber kits to get. there is little information about which i will need, also misinformation from diff sites saying that i wont need them with the stechs..
so will the ingall bolts do the trick for the front or rear? or would it be better to go with liek eibach or progress.. wat do you guys recommend? im kinda broke cuz i just put on sum new rims so cheaper would be better
also just fyi i plan on getting some tokicos within a month or two so dont kill me for swapping my springs
Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: camber kit question

i think ingalls makes good stuff for the money.
Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

yea well the ingall bolts are only like $20 but are they only for the rear? do i need the V shape ones for front suspension?

also do i need both front and rear

Last edited by westcali_playa; 05-12-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

jagass is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree...lol
Old 05-12-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

For the rear you will for sure 100% need a camber kit....no question unless you want to replace your tires in the fall. The 2 most popular kits for our cars are Eibach and SPC, I have the SPC kit and it's great.

For the front it's only 2 bolts, I think they're 16 millimetre and can be bought at any Home Depot for $2. However when lowering your car on S-Tech's (I have them too) there is only 1 degree of toe so they're not really requried. I drove across Canada, then down to Atlanta, back up to Toronto and back out to western Canada last year with no front camber kit and my tires are still fine.

Most people think they're done at this point but if you don't get an alignment you will still wreck your tires. When modifying the rear camber kit you need to do it in addition with an alignment so that everything is lined up properly and working together instead of pulling in different directions. And for the front, the 1 degree of camber I was talking about is only applicable if you get an alignment to fix it, otherwise it'll be off by more than 1 degree. An alignment can be done at any side street garage and is about $60 but well worth it to save your tires and suspension. You absolutely have to get an alignment every time you lower/raise your car. So if you jack it up again for the winter, you need another alignment.
Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

ok would u recommend the spc ez arm for the back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3581&viewitem=
Old 05-12-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DeX
For the front it's only 2 bolts, I think they're 16 millimetre and can be bought at any Home Depot for $2. However when lowering your car on S-Tech's (I have them too) there is only 1 degree of toe so they're not really requried. I drove across Canada, then down to Atlanta, back up to Toronto and back out to western Canada last year with no front camber kit and my tires are still fine.
you cannot buy them at homedepot silly goose.

if you have 01-02 the bolts are 14mm.
if u have a 03+ they are 16mm.

with that said, they are not regular 14/16mm bolts. they have a wedge curve in the middle of the bolt that pushes a certain way to change the degree of ur front tire.

they are only 20bucks for the adjustment of up to 1degree
or 30 bucks for teh adjustment up to 2 degrees. (id get this one)
http://www.dezod.com/cat-camber.cfm

also in that link you will see the rear camber kit. i would suggest the rubber one because its alot less hassle than the poly.
Old 05-12-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-H...#ht_981wt_1149
86 bucks shipped. (alot of us have this one )

if i were you, i would wait maybe a week before i got my car align (if the alignment doesnt look too bad). this way ur springs will be mostly settled in before you get ur alignment.

and remember an alignment is just as important as getting a camber kit.
Old 05-12-2009
Registered!!

^ Pretty sure that is just for ONE side