Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Who is SLAMMED?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don Henley is an unknown quantity at this point
Who is SLAMMED?

I've been looking around on here and have noticed that most of you are not dropped very aggressively (I have yet to see anyone on here that I considered to be slammed) and was wondering if there was ANYONE who was actually riding LOW.

I'm not talking about 2 finger gap, I'm talking about tucking 2 fingers of tire..

ex:

I realize this is pretty much an extreme case, but where's all the dumped 7th gens?
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Who is SLAMMED?

7thgens can't go as low as the previous ones
Old 04-06-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i use to be pretty damn low. less then 3" clearance in front. its just not practical as a DD anymore.....either that or ive grown out of em
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

thats for sure but we try low and slow.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Well that's depressing.. what are the lowest cars this forum has to offer? I just want to get an idea as to how low these cars can get.. considering I've seen like ONE car tucking a 16..
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

this is my goal im getting the same setup

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-15-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately after years of wear on the suspension. I've got half a finger gap all around and it is a pain in the *** to go up driveways, speedbumps, etc. At this point in my life I wish I could have a 2 finger gap again, but I've been lowered for about 6 years now and I guesss this happens after everything settles. Not to mention that I've had to replace my front koni 3 times, and the back one twice, and I probably need a new wheel bearing soon. Too old for this bullshit now, but it costs more to take everything off then to keep it on, and plus I don't get any value out of my parts.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry i raised it after that. thats was too low lol.

is that slammed? i got some more pictures. its sitting a little bit lower now.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 04-06-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

i dont know how to delete other post sorry

double post ftl
Old 04-06-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Goodluck getting even lower

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10915

Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

function > form

good luck trying to tuck 16's. anything over 195 youll need fender rolling and a ton of neg camber.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

CanadianCivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point

im tucking slammed on my tein sS ill get pics up soon, raised it up for the track days tho
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

em2suprcivc is an unknown quantity at this point

Don Henley-
I'm postin off my BlackBerry but I'd like to think I'm slammed. D2 coilover on 17s. I have pics posted on the site if you wanna search under my name. Otherwise ill post some later

it will prob be lower this summer as i am switchin to 16s, not so much lower, only an inch. and yeah the ride is rough but only when the road is rough. the hardest part about my car is bein 6'4 and tryin to get in/out of it haha

Last edited by em2suprcivc; 04-06-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

to be slammed ur tires HAVE to be atleast tucked (or real close to it like no finger gap)....

...or else this is going to be just another "post pic of ur ride if its lowred"
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

just some proof of "tucking" not sayin sl33py is callin me out (unless you were haha) but just to avoid and doubt
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Regarding the fender rolling and camber comment, I plan on pulling the fenders, so I won't have any issues with that. I plan on running 17s for the most part (I have about 4 sets) MAYBE some 16s to daily on but I agree with sleepy, you're not slammed unless you're at LEAST tucking tire..

To all you guys out there (the guy with the rp01 seems to be pretty low?) how much lower can the coils get you?

Thanks guys
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Don Henley
To all you guys out there (the guy with the rp01 seems to be pretty low?) how much lower can the coils get you?

Thanks guys
well my drop from stock height was about 4", but my friend and i were messin around when we installed my coilovers, and we had the front bumper about 1/2" off the ground. Now obviously thats not d.d. material, just gives you an idea of how low one person was able to go with a coilover setup.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

That looks like the the height I'd be daily driving at.. Our roads in California are pretty nice.. Plus I park on the street, no need for driveway nightmares..

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

That looks like the the height I'd be daily driving at.. Our roads in California are pretty nice.. Plus I park on the street, no need for driveway nightmares..

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Kfock0520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by em2suprcivc

just some proof of "tucking" not sayin sl33py is callin me out (unless you were haha) but just to avoid and doubt
i think you need to lose that wing.. Whats the point any way? never got the wing thing!

here is a pic of my car.. let me know if its "slammed" (of course its not as slammed as the First car on here.. that **** is low as ****!)
Name:  DSC01401.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  45.9 KB
Name:  civic2-1.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  57.5 KB
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

I know the wing needs to come off haha, this summer its bein replaced with an OEM one, so no worries. And nice car too, looks pretty damn good
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Kfock0520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I feel ya. That's good your taking it off! And glad ur not a douchbag like most ppl who wanna talk **** after someone says something about their wing. I am just not a big fan on wings or spoilers. I think without making the car look so much cleaner..
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

most of us here get springs for "performance" instead of "lowering" because anything more than 1.5 inch drop and you lose suspension functionality.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

Originally Posted by gearbox
most of us here get springs for "performance" instead of "lowering" because anything more than 1.5 inch drop and you lose suspension functionality.

i wouldnt go as far as saying that (lowering more than 1.5) but i do agree with Function > Form

225/45/16's on Hankook RS2's
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Maaaan I don't know how some of you guys DD 7th Gens with tucked tires. When mine was dropped to a 2 finger gap I had a heck of a time getting over speedbumps and up driveways. The 7th Gen exhaust tunnel is so shallow, and the car itself seemed to scrape in the middle more then my Integra (at less then a 1 finger gap on 16's). It certainly does seem that the older Hondas can pull off being dumped a lot easier. Double Wishbone probably helps too, since you can get extended top hats
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

okay i will say 1.75 inch is the max for function

and yeah our civics sure do have a low hanging exhaust. everything else is nice and tucked, then the pipe looks like its falling off almost. but 2 finger gap for me is the lowest i would go. 90% of the time i have no problem with bumps and stuff, its just a few steep entrance and driveway that ive scraped my front lip on and exhaust. when i had oem shocks, the rear was so saggy and bouncy that i could bottom out all the time and really had to be careful to slow down.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

im going to drop preaty low my full progress coilovers are being made rite know also have front and rear ingalls camber,k-sport adjustable top hats,t1r pillow ball tie rods,im trying to get my hands on some roll center adjusters but dam there exspensive energy suspension bushings front and rear .progress rear sway bar,im rolling and pulling the rear fenders,with 15×8 rims +15 offset with stretched falkin tires.thats about it.ow yea im getting my exhaust tucked .
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kfock0520
i think you need to lose that wing.. Whats the point any way? never got the wing thing!

here is a pic of my car.. let me know if its "slammed" (of course its not as slammed as the First car on here.. that **** is low as ****!)

no, you're not slammed. There's even still gap on between ur fenders and tire. to be slammed you have to have tucking tires.

Your body kit makes it look as if it's lower than your car really is.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lowlife9
im going to drop preaty low my full progress coilovers are being made rite know also have front and rear ingalls camber,k-sport adjustable top hats,t1r pillow ball tie rods,im trying to get my hands on some roll center adjusters but dam there exspensive energy suspension bushings front and rear .progress rear sway bar,im rolling and pulling the rear fenders,with 15×8 rims +15 offset with stretched falkin tires.thats about it.ow yea im getting my exhaust tucked .
explain how you're going to tuck you exhaust? i can't grasp how you're going to TUCK your exhaust since there is only one spot for your exhaust to be placed.

Even if you make a custom exhaust to have it just sit closer to the underbody of the car, that would not entail tucking.

Quick Reply: Who is SLAMMED?