Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Cheap, effective coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dudun will become famous soon enoughDudun will become famous soon enough
Cheap, effective coilovers?

My 2001 is still riding at stock height, and with my 17's, it looks goofy as hell.

I don't have a lot of money to blow due to being a fulltime college student. Just looking for something cheap-ish, but effective at the same time.

<3
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheap, effective coilovers?

Ground control/koni setup or just ground control if you can't afford the shocks but keep in mind you will wear them out faster.
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Dudun will become famous soon enoughDudun will become famous soon enough

Know a reputable source to buy from?
Old 02-19-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

d2's..got them love them
Old 02-19-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

You can buy my Tein Super Street coils for $450 shipped. I'm parting out my car. Click the link in my sig.
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

stay away from d2 they suck there made by k sport half *** welding made out of aluminium and are not reliable they blow easy .but they do look pretty. check out corsportusa.com cheap reliable website i just bought full progress coilovers under $900.00 bucks
Old 02-19-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lowlife9
stay away from d2 they suck there made by k sport half *** welding made out of aluminium and are not reliable they blow easy .but they do look pretty. check out corsportusa.com cheap reliable website i just bought full progress coilovers under $900.00 bucks
had mine for over a year..drop lowest they can go in front..and small gap in rear..did you personally own d2's or are u assuming this from other people with different cars?
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

If you're looking for budget, maybe sticking with a basic shock/spring combo is the way to go for you. Tein S-Techs and Tokico Blues will be much cheaper...or you can buy Foos's coilovers for even less (Do that!)
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Jdm01Em2 will become famous soon enoughJdm01Em2 will become famous soon enough

i just got skunk2 coilovers fullset for 800 bucks just threw them on today great ride for a civic and much improved handlin just a opition or speedfoos i was goin to buy them till i seen these
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

d2 coilovers are made in taiwan need i say more??????????
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

Tein Basics.
Go with a full coilover and do it right the first time
Old 02-20-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Ground control/koni setup or just ground control if you can't afford the shocks but keep in mind you will wear them out faster.
thats not exactly a cheap setup.

yellows 700
GC 350 (if u buy it from GC directly, because you want a 6" rear spring)

if u are trying to save $, buy it used.

if u want new, tein basics are good.

you will also need a camber kit as well.

dropppping ur ride CORRECTLY is not cheap, by any means.
Old 02-21-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

No camber kit needed with my Tein coilovers. Ran with the stock one for 5 years and no uneven wear. Buy them!
Old 02-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

depends on how low you go and how big your rims/tires are. if they are small enough and you dont drop it that low then no camber kit needed. But if u want to go really low and have 17 inch rims then i suggest you get a camber kit in the rear and maybe even roll your fenders. But keep in mind basics wont drop that you that low if ur have smaller wheels. and no front camber is needed
Old 02-21-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by speedfoos
No camber kit needed with my Tein coilovers. Ran with the stock one for 5 years and no uneven wear. Buy them!
lol. thats because you weren't dropped low enough. a mild drop (less than 1.25") will not affect ur tire wear as much as a more severe drop.......but still. a camber kit is a necessity.

(and who the heck only wants to drop 1.25" if they have coilovers)
Old 03-16-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Tokico D-Spec FTMFW
Old 03-23-2009
Registered!!

umpadupa is an unknown quantity at this point

^ LOL D spec on a fwd car XD i currently have tanabe coilovers the are great give it a shot!
Old 03-23-2009
Registered!!

02_civiclx is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, may wanna try this from ebay for about $41.99 delivered at your doorstep.

Consider this a college student special!!! After you graduate and the economy is better then upgrade.

Just make the most out of what you can afford for the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-31-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

thatd make his car a death trap.

im a college student but ive been through GC/Koni's and am on Tein SS-P's right now. Just save up your money.
Old 04-01-2009
Registered!!

KcRidin09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also had a few friends with just Tein S Tech lowering springs on stock shocks, dropped car about 1.5 and they dont sag. 1 that I know of for sure has had his on for over a year on his hatchback. I was think of doin just the same for my car.
Old 04-01-2009
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dudun
My 2001 is still riding at stock height, and with my 17's, it looks goofy as hell.

I don't have a lot of money to blow due to being a fulltime college student. Just looking for something cheap-ish, but effective at the same time.

<3
Effective at what?
Old 04-01-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

ground control ftw that what im shooting for. or speedfoos teins. thats a good deal.

does anyone know where to get gc sleeves for stock/hp shocks? i cant find them anywhere.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

Have you tried the ground control store??

these threads are make head hurt..
OP:I need a good suspension...
Replies:Get coilovers, get springs, tein, megan, slam it!

f-n-a mang
Old 04-02-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

^^haha now i feel like a dumbass. i swear ive looked on that site more times than i know. thanks