Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

01 LX Rear Sway Endlinks....NEEDED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
01 LX Rear Sway Endlinks....NEEDED!

So, here's the deal, thinking about doing rear sway conversion for the 01 lx, which didn't come with rear sway. problem is, the lx doesn't come with rear sway endlink brackets on the lower control arms, so hence i need someone to help me find the rear sway endlinks for the 01 civic lx, and no, i don't want to buy new lca's any help is rewarded with rep.
Old 11-03-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 LX Rear Sway Endlinks....NEEDED!

do you mean there is no place for the endlinks to bolt up to?

on majestic honda (hondaautomotiveparts.com)

looking at the 01 LX rear lower arm and the 02 LX rear lower arm, the pics look alike, just the parts offered are different...

so you're saying that your rear lower control arms don't have a place for the endlinks to connect to? or have you not bought the endlinks yet?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

So you are looking for something like the progress adapter kit, right?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

doesnt the progress adapter kit still require drilling?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I just ordered:
This with no Hardware.

and
rsx type s rear sway bar (19mm) with energy suspension bushings and the mounting brackets!

But now I need the endlinks and YES, there is no location on the lower control arm for the 01LX. So there is a special endlink I need.

I found a pic or two of them.

So I need to know where to get those.

BTW:
This is for the wifes car, not mine.
Old 11-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

dezod.com you need to get the endlinks AND the adapter kit if your car didnt come stock with a rear sway bar. they have it all in the 7thgen dedicated section. but i think youre gonna need parts from an EX civic as well to make the endlinks work right. if the lx never came with swaybar, i dont think there will be a special lx endlink. the ones in the pic are from dezod or a similar design.

Last edited by gearbox; 11-03-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

heres the diy, cant believe pics still work

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...nting-kit.html

the DX-R site has diy too scroll down

http://www.geocities.com/bellz252/index.html
Old 11-03-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Yep, I have the read sway bar adapter kit- it comes with endlinks, beefy ones. You dont need that progress brace. And yes, you do need to drill, or punch out the holes that are stamped in there. Its that simple.

BTW, where did you find that progress brace? I used to be looking for one like crazy, but couldnt find one. Link?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

get the endlinks at honda for 25$ for both sides.
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Mind measuring how far apart the holes are on that brace?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

nogi is an unknown quantity at this point

progress tech sells end link conversions i dunno if you need to by sway bar too but i got them and they work great
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

i only want that no need for the sway bar - do i still need an adapter or can i just drill?
Old 11-03-2008
Premium Member

haha isnt that a bit ricey? you want the plate that says progress, but no swaybar?
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

yes im a moderate ricer
with my rear lip no one can see it anyways, but i love how progress is also a statement. i mean i want whats ever easier. lol
Old 11-03-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maple50175
get the endlinks at honda for 25$ for both sides.
yep, your an idiot
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

Which one is a better way?

Swap the whole rear end from a EX/ 02+LX or just get the adaptor from progress?

I heard people have problem with the nut-inserts with the progress adaptor. and i dont have the ***** to drill holes in my car. lol

Last edited by colourwolf; 11-03-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

get everything rear end from an ep3 including rear discs, ull be thrilled, its all bolt on, minus the braket, and u have to drill, period, its subframe, which is not changeable
Old 11-04-2008
Registered!!

CivicEMII is an unknown quantity at this point

Where to find only the progress brace? RSX swaybar is already installed, like the look of those brace under the car...but its not only the bling factor, its 4 chassi stiffnes too

Last edited by CivicEMII; 11-06-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ not really, there isnt flex in that part where there used to be in older civics- some actually had thier control arms ripped out becaus there was so much force around turns that they had to brace it. No1's had issues yet.
Old 11-04-2008
Premium Member

just the bracket is useless, and ive even heard of some cracking before
Old 11-04-2008
Registered!!

I got all the stuff listed above from another forum....
Old 11-04-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

WTF is going on here.

If you want the endlink brackets you need to weld them on or get new LCAs.

You need the progress adapter kit, bushings for the sway bar, and brackets to hold the sway bar to the car. /thread.

All the parts are the same for all 2001-2005 civics (except the bushings).
Old 11-06-2008
Registered!!

CivicEMII is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna do it like Alpha 5, RSX Swaybar, energy bushings +Progress brace...nice combo Hope I will feel a big different while trackdays.

And than I was wondering because youre US LX EM2s, hasn´t a rear swaybar?!I didn´t thought there where so much differents between US-and EU EM2,s, even because of your missing rear brake disks......Honda .
My LX has both I´ve got to say I´m from germany.

But the place for endlinks installation must be the same or not? So why don´t only go to Honda or Acura and buy the endlinks from EX or RSX/S..the place for installation have to be there....don´t understand

Last edited by CivicEMII; 11-06-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2008

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CivicEMII
I wanna do it like Alpha 5, RSX Swaybar, energy bushings +Progress brace...nice combo Hope I will feel a big different while trackdays.

And than I was wondering because youre US LX EM2s, hasn´t a rear swaybar?!I didn´t thought there where so much differents between US-and EU EM2,s, even because of your missing rear brake disks......Honda .
My LX has both I´ve got to say I´m from germany.

But the place for endlinks installation must be the same or not? So why don´t only go to Honda or Acura and buy the endlinks from EX or RSX/S..the place for installation have to be there....don´t understand
Because his LX doesn't have endlink brackets on the LCA. The 01 LX didn't have a rear sway bar...the 02+ did. That is what the Progress adapter kit is for.
Old 11-06-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

rob is right, DX's and 01 LX's dont have factory endlink brackets, you just need the progress rear sway bar adapter kit. it uses u-bolts and specially made brackets to install them to the lower control arms. it also comes with the nutserts you will need to bolt the upper sway bar brackets to the frame since they are blind holes. Man, there are some serious NEWBS on this board..
Old 11-06-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skipbarber
rob is right, DX's and 01 LX's dont have factory endlink brackets, you just need the progress rear sway bar adapter kit. it uses u-bolts and specially made brackets to install them to the lower control arms. it also comes with the nutserts you will need to bolt the upper sway bar brackets to the frame since they are blind holes. Man, there are some serious NEWBS on this board..
THANK YOU.

I was getting EXTREMELY confused with what everyone was saying about no endlinks here, no brackets there, etc etc.

So in other words, the Progress Rear Sway Bar Adapter Kit comes with all the hardware I need to bolt on and install provided I do some drilling. Perfect, my DX now stands a chance, lol.
Old 11-06-2008
Banned

dude, u dont understand, he doesnt need the brace, all he needs is the u bolts and endlinks, he already bought the sway and bracket, where can he find JUST the endlinks, i have searched and so has he, and they dont seem to be out there....
Old 11-06-2008

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...REAR+LOWER+ARM

Part numbers 8 and 9.

Did you try this site?
Old 11-06-2008
Banned

at 200 bucks a pop, nah, think he will pass, when endlinks are made for this application, not by honda
Old 11-06-2008
Registered!!

That might have worked If I had an EX....
The car in question is an 01 LX Coupe....

Quick Reply: 01 LX Rear Sway Endlinks....NEEDED!