Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Alignment specs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute
Alignment specs.

Went for an alignment a week ago. Checked the specs given to me. I had a 0 degree camber setting on the rear driver side and a -1.4 degree camber setting in the rear passenger side (was not adjusted during alignment). Gap in the rear is at around a snug 1-finger gap.

There's no rub on the driver's side, which leads me to believe that I can get a closer camber rating on my rear passenger side. The camber difference between both tires are definitely noticeable. But when I went to talk to the mechanic (for the Canadians here, I went to Canadian "Crappy" Tire -_-) he says the toe is my greater concern for tire wear. He didn't adjust camber because Honda does not have an OEM spec for rear camber.

Bullshit, I thought.

I understand the toe being the primary reason for tire wear, but little/no concern for camber? What the hell? I kept telling the guy that I had a camber kit installed in the rear and he's telling me this bullshit about how it'll cost extra to adjust it.

Sorry, digressing.

Anyway, my main question is, would I be able to adjust my camber in the rear passenger side WITHOUT disrupting the toe and the thrust angle? To my understanding, toe has the affect of the thrust angle and camber affects cornering grip ability. I will be going back for another alignment in a couple months after the springs settle.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alignment specs.

lol go somewhere else. why does everyone there always goto crappy tire and then complain lol
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

i'd suggest you get some more negative camber in your passanger rear. once you load your car in a turn or with people even, and your springs compress, you'll have a good chance of the tire rubbing against the car. trust me, thats the last thing you'll want.

to answer your question, i do believe you can adjust the rear camber without changing the toe, however, without proper equipment, its likely you'll throw something off.
Old 10-02-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
lol go somewhere else. why does everyone there always goto crappy tire and then complain lol
lol. I had a coupon with them for an alignment and I figured I'd save a buck or two. =P

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
i'd suggest you get some more negative camber in your passanger rear. once you load your car in a turn or with people even, and your springs compress, you'll have a good chance of the tire rubbing against the car. trust me, thats the last thing you'll want.

to answer your question, i do believe you can adjust the rear camber without changing the toe, however, without proper equipment, its likely you'll throw something off.
I think you mean more negative camber in the driver side rear. ^^

Well, I've loaded passengers in my car with this camber setting and I've experienced no rub on the rear driver side, which is why I wonder whether a self adjustment to a similar camber setting on the passenger rear would cause my car to lose its near-perfect thrust angle.

I have an SPC camber kit installed in the rear, so it makes camber adjustment easier. The re-alignment will come in a couple of months, since my alignment is warranted for 100 days.

Does anyone know if there is an OEM camber setting in the rear?
Old 10-03-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^oem camber setting is close[if not] to 0 degrees. but i suggest 1.0-1.5 degrees for better handling. it wont hurt ur tire wear
Old 10-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

hey what time are u working today, james

and I run -.5 / -.8 in the front and -2.0/-2.0 in the rears without any camber wear on the tires
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

From what I hear, crappy tire here has a certain amount of days that you can bring it back to check on the alignment status if you decide to change your spec. Not sure about the locations in the GTA.
Old 10-04-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

voidies in OC has a 90day warrenty
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
voidies in OC has a 90day warrenty
price? i needa get an alignment but i want somewhere reputable w/ warrranty
Old 10-04-2008

i believe it was 65 for everything

45 for teh front and 20 for the rear...and they will put it to what ever spec/degree you want it.

i got -1.5 all round with brand new tires. my tires are turning into slicks now and the wear is completely even.
Old 10-05-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

so you had -1.5 all around since u had new tires and wear is completely even? did u have to go back to get another alignment?