Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Question About My Ride Rubbing???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Question About My Ride Rubbing???

I have a question me and my boy have a 01 civic coupe so I had tein s tech springs with tokico shocks in the front and monroe shocks in the rear so my car use to rub alot in the rear I had no some system and I use to carry either 1 or 2 person in my back seat and it use to rub I dont know why, the part that touch when I hit a bump or a hill is the part where the lower strut bar goes at I dont know the name... So I told my boy that I am going to go back to stock suspesion and he said well I trade you for mines so I said ok and my question is why does'nt his rub like mines did? He carries 3 ppl in the back seat and has a system, why did mines rub and not his? He told me it could probably be the lower control arms but he was'nt sure.. Maybe you guys know.... I wanna drop my car again lol and I dont want to go through the same headache lol, please help thanks.
Old 06-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Question About My Ride Rubbing???

Not sure where you're rubbing, but usually it has to do with the offset of the wheels and the size tires you have. Also, did you have a camber kit?

rolling your rear fenders or removing your fenderwell trim in the front usually prevents rubbing. If you're still rubbing after that then you need to give your wheels some slight negative camber to prevent rubbing.

give us more information. Size rims and tires? camber kit? did you get an alignment?
Old 06-30-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Re: Question About My Ride Rubbing???

Rubbing in the rear is a common problem with our cars. Maybe your friend just has more negative camber than you did, or a different offset on his rims.

When I got my rims, I had to add negative camber to the rear, because it was rubbing. Now it doesn't rub, no matter how many people sit in the car.

Just make sure you buy a rear camber kit, and get proper offset rims.