Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

new strut bar installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008
just a man with a civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
new strut bar installed

i bought a strut bar about a week ago. just got it and installed today. ran into a few problems tho.
it was a very tight fit. i got all 3 of the bolts on, on the left side, but was only able to fit 2 bolts on the right side. so i just bolted the 2 in that i could and (so i wouldnt, in some freak situation, accidently drop my shocks/strut) i just kept the 3rd bolt where it was.
also, the bar hits the hood when i close it. but not a big deal. the hood just sits up about 1/8 of an inch in the back.

Last edited by sicma99ot; 04-01-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
Re: new strut bar installed

soooo....what bar is this
Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

^^^^x2
Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ x3
Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough

^^^^ x4
Old 04-02-2008
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

wow really, damn lol, ummm what kind of bar, pics?

this thread is useless.
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

have u tried jacking up the car on one side?
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

the bar still hits the hood...i would remove it. sounds like a no-name or ebay bar...
Old 04-02-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

take it off if you cannot make it fit the way its supposed to. get a neuspeed bar.
Old 04-02-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gearbox
take it off if you cannot make it fit the way its supposed to. get a neuspeed bar.
x2
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

yea, i dont have any pics of it. and yes its an ebay bar. needless to say its the last time i buy off of ebay.
thanks for the help
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

i thought it was a good deal for 50bucks. it must have been a knockoff

Last edited by sicma99ot; 04-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

ok so now i just ordered a DC SPORTS tie rod off a Legitimate site
i wont make the same mistake twice.
Old 04-02-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by speedricerx
have u tried jacking up the car on one side?
Good idea.
Old 04-02-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sicma99ot
ok so now i just ordered a DC SPORTS tie rod off a Legitimate site
i wont make the same mistake twice.
tie-rod does not equal strut bar

n i got my megan racing FU bar off ebay for $50. its brand name. you got ripped off.
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i assume you mean a lower rear tie BAR, and they are not the same thing. if you plan on getting an intake, that strut bar will not work for you, so you'd end up spending the cash and getting a good one anyway. neuspeed is the way to go
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

calm down Envy
i ment strut bar. i just got my words mixed up.
my bad.

i had a dc sports strut bar before i ordered the knock off, but it got pretty old and had some dings in it. so i figured id save money and check ebay. i said "wow this ones only 50 bucks. looks pretty good, ill try it out". so i bought it, and now i regret doing that.

heres the knockoff
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ma99ot/bar.jpg
Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

I've got a question about the strut bar, in general. I've got a fully adjustable coilover set. Real tight, much better than before. On my way to work every day my suspension gets worked (seeing as it's mountain driving, twisty as hell with large elevation changes).

Anyhow, on to my question.

Can anyone tell the difference with the strut bars?
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

even though mine is a knock off,
i can notice a slight differance when i make turns. the wieght distubutes very nicely.
im not sure if it would help your suspenion the way you discribe though.

i live in florida. flat.

Last edited by sicma99ot; 04-02-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

the strut bar seems to eliminate steering wheel play. its noticeble. and once again, i have an intake AND megan racing FU bar, and it all fits...
Old 04-02-2008
just a man with a civic

yea its noticable.
but yea that is the last time i cheep out
Old 04-02-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yup, i immediately noticed dead space when i took the bar off, meaning you can turn the wheel an inch in each direction and the car still goes straight. the bar eliminates this play and makes the car respond faster when you turn the wheel. to be honest, im glad i had it on the mountain roads.