Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

do i need a drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edrulz2003 will become famous soon enough
do i need a drop

If i put the 15' axis oldschool rim on with the stock suspension do u think it would look funny....how big of a gap will i get.

WHat should i get to lower the car to make the rims sit well with the car.
Old 02-13-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: do i need a drop

wow, search that one dude, too much to answer here
Old 02-13-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

pic of said wheels please. also try lookin in the members ride section for pics for reference
Old 02-13-2008
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

with 15's with a stock tire size itll look stock. of course lowering the car will make it look better. but your question has such a broad range of awnsers
Old 02-13-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Specifying the wheel size is pointless, all wheel/tire combinations should have the same rolling diameter as a stock setup. For example, my stock 14s had a 70 series tire so when I moved to a 18 inch wheel, I have a 35 series tire so my odometer and speedometer are still very close to normal. So basically the more rubber you have, the more wheel well you cover. The less rubber, the more visible wheel well. But you also have to consider the rolling diameter since, "I'm sorry, my speedometer is off because I'm a moron who can't buy tires" isn't accepted by state patrol.
Old 02-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

imo, 15s dont look good without a drop. and the 01-05 civics have huge wheel gap. 06+ has much less.
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

i had 15s on my sedan and it looked whack. imo 15s are only nice on the coupes of our gen. and yeah you will need a drop. it will look pretty ghey. lol
Old 02-14-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

gear just curious as to what you have? i know your droppdd. I actually saw one civic in my area that had 15's and was nice. it had tints, and factory lip kits. much like my car. it wasnt droppedd, but looked nice and a little more uplevel than a civic
Old 02-14-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just 1 inch now on prokit, it looks like a stock 06+ civic lol but at least i dont have to worry about scraping
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

i find 15's a little too small for our 7th gens... i believe 16's is the perfect size, covers up the wheel gaps a little more without having to slam our rides... rather than having 15's and making it difficult to get around certain dips and speed bumps
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

so what do you guys think...you think the 15'a are gonna be to small or should i go with a 16'

if i do go with the 15' axis oldschool rims do i need a camber kit or no. and im gonna run them with this tire size...205/60/R15 FALKEN ZE-912

plz help guys wanna buy these tonight
Old 02-14-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

I think that even 17's need a drop otherwise just looks like a cheap cop out. But keep in mind not to do the other cheap cop out with springs that give your car a super bouncy look/ride when driving on the highway. If you don't have the funds to do it right away wait till you can and ride stock for a while longer. Just my opinion though so do what ever you want.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

im def gonna get the 15 axis but how low do you think i would need to go. VARNER told me like 2.25'' do you think that is to far of a drop for everyday driving.

ALso what should i get to make this drop look good and last a while...help plz
Old 02-15-2008
Premium Member

um yeah lol. i think anything lower than 1 inch youre gonna have issues daily driving. i know i did.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

blinknfgkicks will become famous soon enoughblinknfgkicks will become famous soon enough

i have a 1.5" drop and it is good for me for daily driving. looks great too. Just get some coil-over sleeves and then you can decide the drop and if you want to change it you can at any time. most go from stock height to about a 2.5" drop and any where in between.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

em2.kid will become famous soon enough

The problem with going from stock to 2.5'' drop is that you need to get your wheels aligned every time you change that and that adds up
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

well im gonna sit on a 195/50/15 tire cause thats what the guy i talked to said would fit on my car...i asked him about the gap and he said it should look decent so maybe all that i will need is a 1'' drop...
Old 02-15-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Make sure your speedometer/odometer won't change and also be sure to get a wheel alignment after the drop/camber kit.
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone needs a drop, and blacked out headlights! NADABOH!!!!

Before drop with 205/60R15:

After 1" drop on ProKit:

Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

Heres my ride on 195/50/15 With S techs + Blues. Gap could be better... but dips+bumps+driveways are sometime a pain to go pass because i scrape alot... here are pix

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...l/DSC05408.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...l/DSC05411.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...l/DSC05402.jpg

goodluck