Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

lowered car leaning to the left!!! plz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicinmaking is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation lowered car leaning to the left!!! plz help

ok guys i have an 01 civic hx coupe with koni yellow adjustable struts installed them a couple years ago, neuspeed race lowering springs and rear k-sport adjustable camber kit and megan front upper/rear upper and lower strut bars all installed in december. I installed all of it with my brother in law, not our first time doing this.

after looking at my car from the rear i saw that it was uneven and leaning to the left so i measured the distance from the center of the rim to the top of the fender and here were there results: FL 12 1/4 inches, RL 12 inches, FR 13 inches and RR 13 inches. those are the measurements after I had the alignment done on the car. I called neuspeed the guy said it was my bumpstops they were just worn i am not so sure that that is a problem. Any ideas please let me know thanks.
Old 02-03-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: lowered car leaning to the left!!! plz help

the gas tank and your fat *** are on the drivers side so the car tends to lean that way. Even stock springs do that. That is why people get coilovers to adjust for that.
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

yes but isnt an inch a little much i mean i dont way a ton.. im 6'1 and 220lbs on a bad day man...
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^ lol hes just kiddin with you man. mostly all lowering springs would end up sagging like that. as rob said the gas and yourself is on the driver side. there is really nothing you can do about it. either you buy new springs on get some adjustable coils so it doesnt happen again.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

ok cool thanks for your help guys i can sleep easier now.. lol
Old 02-04-2008

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by civicinmaking
yes but isnt an inch a little much i mean i dont way a ton.. im 6'1 and 220lbs on a bad day man...
I don't know how much you weigh, I was just trying to make my point. So serious...

13 gallons of gas = ~78lbs PLUS
you = 220lbs

About 300lbs of extra weight on the drivers side.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

true but my whole thing is that an inch is kind of a big drop since i did measure it while i was out of the vehicle. oh man i didnt get mad by any means i understood what you were saying i appreciate the quick response.. im just trying to make sure i did all i could on my end. thanks again bro im def. keeping that in mind.
Old 02-04-2008

true but my whole thing is that an inch is kind of a big drop since i did measure it while i was out of the vehicle. oh man i didnt get mad by any means i understood what you were saying i appreciate the quick response.. im just trying to make sure i did all i could on my end. thanks again bro im def. keeping that in mind.
but over time that 300lbs wears on the shocks and springs. Take a look at some older cars (not trucks) with the gas tank on the driver's side. You will notice that the car leans a little. Also, the rear springs/shocks tend to wear faster than the front because of the bouncing up and down.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!

maybe i can contact koni and see if they can send me new ones since i do have a life time warranty on the shocks... thanks man
Old 02-05-2008
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

mine is the same way..its annoying but i learned to live with it
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

so i think i might have found a solution... pretty simple..
this bothered me because im ocd when it comes to doing things right. I jacked the car up and took both tires off and inspected each strut and spring and found that my left spring was turned 180 degrees from the right one. meaning the little base on the bottom that has the grove on the bottom for the spring so it doesnt rotate was pointing toward the rear on the left side and toward the front on the right side. i know simple little pointless thing, well i changed the left around to match the right and so far today they are level well 1/4inch difference. will keep you updated if it goes back to leaning. hope this helps someone attention to detail is very importaint i can see..
Old 04-24-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

so i think i might have found a solution... pretty simple..
this bothered me because im ocd when it comes to doing things right. I jacked the car up and took both tires off and inspected each strut and spring and found that my left spring was turned 180 degrees from the right one. meaning the little base on the bottom that has the grove on the bottom for the spring so it doesnt rotate was pointing toward the rear on the left side and toward the front on the right side. i know simple little pointless thing, well i changed the left around to match the right and so far today they are level well 1/4inch difference. will keep you updated if it goes back to leaning. hope this helps someone attention to detail is very importaint i can see..
well, any changes?
Old 04-26-2008
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough

well if you still have a problem and since you already have konis i say go with
Ground Control coilover sleeves.
Old 06-05-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

my front left is 1/2 inch lower than all the rest. seems like a little problem. i pretty sure its not a blown shock. did a little search and found out its a common problem. thanks civicforums.com