Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need lil info. about suspension..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hktvb2001 will become famous soon enough
Need lil info. about suspension..

Hi guys,

Actually, I have a Honda CIVIC 2001 Sedan White, and my suspension are dead. I would like to change them, but don't want to get into OEM cuz I have seen many thread that I can use Tokico or Koni Yellow. I dont know which one to choose. I would like to order them on ebay, less expensive. Also, I want to have a suspension that I will be able to lift up or down depending on my choice. Right now, I want to lift it down a little, but if I dont like that feeling, will like to lift it up back. Any suggestion about type of suspension, or coils spring to get?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2007
Registered!!

awang is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need lil info. about suspension..

if you do choose to buy of ebay, make sure you're getting it from somebody reputable. i have Koni with ground controls; great setup!
Old 11-20-2007
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

only coilovers are adjustable. if you look for the ground controls, you can get them for about $300. and not to be mean, but your grammer is WAAY off.
Old 11-20-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ground controls + koni yellows are the best bet.....

the ride on soft is as good as OEM (but with the performance)

the ride on stiff is not SOO stiff that it'll kill ur back...

the main pro that YOU want is that they are ADJUSTABLE...meaning if the rear sags, you can raise it...unlike spings (which WILL cause saggyness)

excelent ride, and performance with koni yellows and GC....

however, the only down side is that you have to cut the tube in front. its not hard at all, but if u can do it, get em.

if not, get some decent coilovers like tein basics....not as good (not even nearly as good) as the GC+yellows, but it'll do.
Old 11-20-2007
Registered!!

hktvb2001 will become famous soon enough

How about Tokico with GC?
Old 11-21-2007
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had both the Konis and Tokicos at one point with Neuspeed Sport springs on my sedan. I thought the Konis were too stiff for everyday driving (I commute 60+ miles/day) so I replaced them with the Tokicos. I was very happy with the Tokicos and in fact still have them on my car with the OEM springs. I also thought the Neuspeed Sports were the perfect choice for a daily driver. Low enough to be noticeable and improve the handling but not so low that you could not use the car for normal stuff like hauling people or heavy stuff in the trunk. FWIW, I am trying to sell my Neuspeeds. If you are interested PM me.
Old 11-21-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hktvb2001
How about Tokico with GC?
That's fine, just don't lower too much because the blues can't handle it as well as the konis.
Old 11-21-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stlblues13
I had both the Konis and Tokicos at one point with Neuspeed Sport springs on my sedan. I thought the Konis were too stiff for everyday driving (I commute 60+ miles/day) so I replaced them with the Tokicos.
i go a commute to school 60mi five days a week, in addition to a 100m round trip to LA to pick up my sister from UCLA....

i turn them to softest adn it feels like im on air....alot better than blues (imo) when the konis are in softest settings...

my friend has am EM2 w/ blues+teins and they dont ride as nice as mine on soft.

and as for handling, well, lets jsut say....yellow things makes ur car faster...hahah