Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

New suspention= shitty popping...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point
New suspention= shitty popping...

So before I get started. I have read how you need to line the top hat with the marks. anyways everything was smooth and fine I installed just the front and I believe on my LEFT drivers side it SOMETIMES makes that popping noise that sounds like the spring..

I'm actually going to Canada tonight so I don't have time to fix it. This won't mess anything up will it?

Also how do I fix this. everything is lined up and yeah

Do I need to buy a new bearing for it?

hmm..

Also when I hit some small bumps it hits SO hard.. it sucks.

Currently running...

Tokico Blues
Progress Springs.
Old 08-24-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New suspention= shitty popping...

don't know, man. failure to properly index the fronts is the most likely cause of what you've described, but if you've done that, i'm outta ideas. good luck.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

are the springs in the perch all the way?
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

jcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had this problem when i had my civic. the problem is that in the honda book, the description of how to install the spring perch and the picture of how to install it were different. im not sure which one i followed, but i ended up putting the perch on 90 deg off of what i was supposed to. the popping only happens when you turn right? at least thats how it was for me. the noise that you are probably hearing is the perch rubbing in the inside of your strut tower. shouldn't be a big deal if you get it fixed in the near future.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

chinaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the noise happen when your turning the steering wheel? If so, your bearings in the upper strut mount are properly wasted.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

kevinking is an unknown quantity at this point

Your spring is spinning; it probably didn't sit in right. Mine sometimes does that too, and when I looked at the top mount it was beat up...I have Skunk2 coilovers on stock struts.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

if you indexex the top mounts correctly, and it is still making the popping noise like you said, than its probably the top mounts themselves. a typical problem, is people with '02+ civics need to use the top mounts from the '01. the '02+ top mounts uses ball bearings, where as the '01s do not.
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

alot of good info here
Old 08-25-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

Its the upper top mounts on the side its popping on. the top mount isnt applying enough force to the spring, and sometimes it pops under stress of turning. id buy new upper mounts for that side and reinstall it if it keeps on doing that, or first try to tighten the strut bolt (the bolt directly in the center of the mount, visible in the engine bay)