Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Used Coilovers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Used Coilovers????

I tried searching but couldnt really find what i needed..if anybody can point me in the right direction thanks or just answer me here.

Used coilovers...good or bad idea?? 6 thousand miles on the struts and 2 thousand on the coils. i found a good price for em.. somebody on here is selling that.

Would it be a good idea to buy used coilovers? honestly. wouldnt it really depend on how the driver drove? would i run into a problem when i tried installing them?

i read somewhere that its not good to buy used springs cuz u dont know how they were abused or taken care of. and u dont wana run the risk of seriousley getting injured cuz of i duno..whatever the cause.

is that the same for coilovers? kyb struts and skunk 2 coils? known for messing up or anything liek that?

let me knwo~!
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syke Fu will become famous soon enough
Re: Used Coilovers????

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
Would it be a good idea to buy used coilovers? honestly. wouldnt it really depend on how the driver drove?
I think you just answered your own question.
Old 06-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

yea i guess...but i wana know what other people thought..is there any other factors that determine if coilovers will be a good buy..besides how the person drive..do used coilovers come with anything else after theyve been used? liek any other things i shoudl be looking for
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

Ummmmmmm.... me personally i wouldn't, but that's just me. Basically whatever came with the coliovers should work just fine, as long as he/she sends you all the equipment that came with them.
Old 06-30-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

well are u talkin about struts with sleeve coilovers or full coilovers. Full coilovers if the driver had it slammed they're gonna be shitty and could blow. If they're sleeve coilovers i wouldnt worry about the coilovers i'd worry about the struts. If the coilovers were too low the struts may be a bit damaged and could blow quickly. IMO new suspension is the way to go. If u wanna save some money and still get coilovers i found some skunk2 full threaded coilovers from an ep3 brand new 775 at true honda. They're a bit stiff in the rear but they're brand new and stainless and have a warranty. It seems to me like its the best setup for me.
Old 07-01-2007
This is Myspace

hm yea well im gona try n make my best guess n u tell me if im right. this might get locked since there is a suspension FAQ. there not full coilovers. kyb struts and skunk 2 coils on them. so im guessing its the first kind u said...i duno.. i could go for the regular spring n shock setup cuz im kinda broke. but these coilovers will come out cheaper and be adjustable. i dont think i have the 750-1200 to dump on full coilovers brand new right now. i guess im just ina rush.
Old 07-01-2007

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

man im in a rush too... my struts are blown and it sucks. The car rides like total ****. And i live in canada so everything is like twice as much money so i wont get my new suspension till the end of the month. But i guess thats ok cuz it gives me more time to do my homework.
Old 07-02-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

I'd buy used struts right after i buy used brake rotors. Seriously, tho, you have no way of knowing if they were driven on hard. The only exception for me would be if the struts can be rebuilt. For springs, just get new ones. Springs aren't that expensive.
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

you should figure out what you really want out of the coil overs. If you just want to be lowered for daily driving there a find combo. There not a really that great of a combo for more intense cornering.

You might buy them cuz there cheap, but then realize you want something else. just save and do it right the first time. If you just want to be lowered, just buy some springs until you can save for a better setup.
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

while your at it buy some used tires and "guess" wether or not they are going to last
Old 07-02-2007
This is Myspace

true...oh well forget that i guess. ill jsut keep saving.
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

good thinking^^^^^^^^
Old 07-02-2007
This is Myspace

id love to get those megan coilovers...i herd good stuff on them. herd there a great product and ecspecially for the price.
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, i want the Megans too, but i just can't afford 'em now... Money is too tight.
Old 07-04-2007

how much are megans?
Old 07-04-2007
This is Myspace

899 shipped i think u can find em for. good price for the product but in general 900$ isnt peanuts...at least not for me.
Old 07-04-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

youre gonna spend a little now and a lot later. yes, they can be in good shape, but like you said, its gonna depend on how the driver treated them. if i were you, i would save up and get em new, that way if something was wrong with them, you dont end up buying them twice
Old 07-05-2007
This is Myspace

yea...nvm he sold em off.