Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Random Suspension opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Random Suspension opinion

Hey guys do u think when i put on my 21mm rsx sway i should also buy this and install it as well?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear-...QQcmdZViewItem
its the megan rear upper strut. Like i've read the Faq's and got the run down of each suspension mod, but where would this megan strut go? like i know technically where, but in the pic it only has one hole and not like the 2 from what i usually see with other rear uppers.. in this thread it sez where but im guessing its just at those 2 red dots https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...-bar-help.html

then theres a question about rear tie bars and the x-braces... does n e one have one installed on their vic. Well im sure they do, but tell me about it, and can u post a pic. im a complete noob in this area. heres the ebay tie i was looking at, but in another thread someone said no go on knock off ebay bracing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...QQcmdZViewItem

All in all post pics of ur suspension please

By the end of the summer i plan on having a front upper, rear lower, rear sway, and maybe a tie, not to mention my drop lol.
SWAY BARS – generally provide an excellent means for adjusting roll couple Distribution (Handling balance) & they control body roll, reducing camber change through corners

STRUT BARS – chassis reinforcement/strengthening to reduce body flex

TIE BARS – some front under tie bars, specifically U braces/X braces/etc, do some under body reinforcement. Rear tie bars strengthen weak points (control arms) so that the chassis will not crack under pressure. Rear tie bars are not a performance part, but a brace if you upgrade your rear sway bar. The same goes for regular front under tie bars that attach to the control arms.

Last edited by LT2004ever; 06-21-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Random Suspension opinion

Your first link is a RL bar....and so is your third link. That's whats throwing you off.

I've been rolling with the entire Megan setup (FU, RU, RL) for over a year now and love it. No problems with install, or anything else. The RL attaches to one bolt on each of your rear sway mounts, underneath the car.

I'll snap some photos tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

what about the megan real lower upper then? whereabouts does that bolt up 2?

also how does your car feel now that they are on?

Thanx for the explanation man, it cleared up alot.
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

rear upper strut should bolt up to the rear struts (in the trunk) while the lower bar goes by ur sway bar
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure that the first link you posted is a tie bar for a older honda chassis not for a 7thgen.

Anyway, you're not going to "feel" a difference with either the strut bar or the tie bar.

Rear strut bar....

Because of how the rear struts are bolted into the car the trunk does a fine job of reducing flex. If you don't believe me search zzyzx's posts or ask boilermaker why he sold his.

Tie bar....

The tie bar is there for chassis reinforement to protect against tear out when you go to a larger rear sway bar. This is more of a problem with older honda chassis like the dc, eg, ek.
Old 06-21-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Because of how the rear struts are bolted into the car the trunk does a fine job of reducing flex. If you don't believe me search zzyzx's posts or ask boilermaker why he sold his.
For the reason you just said. They're bolted flush to the trunk floor, with the seat frame 2" in front of them. It'd be tough to make it much stiffer than it is.
Old 06-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by MisterFrankieJ
I'm pretty sure that the first link you posted is a tie bar for a older honda chassis not for a 7thgen.

Anyway, you're not going to "feel" a difference with either the strut bar or the tie bar.

Rear strut bar....

Tie bar....
The tie bar is there for chassis reinforement to protect against tear out when you go to a larger rear sway bar. This is more of a problem with older honda chassis like the dc, eg, ek.
Thanx for the pictures and the explanation! so i dont need a tie bar... as for the rear lower strut i posted... its a older one??? then y is it being sold for 01-05... durn... how can u tell??
Old 06-21-2007
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough

Ok to stop any more confusion that ebay add is titled wrong. It's a rear lower tie bar not strut bar. Strut bars attach to the struts hence the name. I can't 100% say that it isn't for a 01-05 civic but look at the tie bar in the picture I posted and than the one in the ad. The one in the ad looks alot longer which would make which is why I said it looks like its for an older honda chassis.
Old 06-22-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MisterFrankieJ
Ok to stop any more confusion that ebay ad is titled wrong. It's a rear lower tie bar not strut bar.
That's what I was talking about. Have some rep.
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point

doesnt the front underbrace offer a great amount of reinforcement since its ties 4 points together under a big open area??
Old 06-24-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by Cypher
doesnt the front underbrace offer a great amount of reinforcement since its ties 4 points together under a big open area??
bump cause i wanna know the same thing.