Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein Basic...how low can you go???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007
Technical Assistant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
Tein Basic...how low can you go???

I am picking up a set of Tein Basics. I am on 14in steelies size 185 65 14, and will definately get a camber kit with these. My question is, can I drop the car about 2-2.25 inches safely??? I dont want them to blow out on me quickly..would like them to last for a few years at least. Thanks for input.

This is the current stance of the car

Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
why dont u get the tien ss.? its alittle more bt its better than da basics.

Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
n it doesnt camber dat bad
Old 03-05-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
better in a what the sense? I can get a nice used set here cheap with 25k on them.
Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

a sense dat its guna ride better
Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

USED??
Old 03-05-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by mickeycivic04
USED??
yea .........^^^
Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
why not buy some wheels and springs/struts?.....
Old 03-05-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
why not buy some wheels and springs/struts?.....
I already have wheels..im selling them to fund the drop. They are 17s, and honestly too heavy.
Old 03-05-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
the basics will drop 2.5 easily..... the tien site says the max drop on them is about 3.8 inches? i dont know i forgot. buy you will be fine with 2.5 inch. you will have to get a camber kit though. i learned the hard way. the outside thread on my front tire slook brand new and the inside thread is almost bald. make sure you invest in the camber kit, dont wanna ruin your tires that you worked so hard for.
Old 03-05-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by boosted.es2
the basics will drop 2.5 easily..... the tien site says the max drop on them is about 3.8 inches? i dont know i forgot. buy you will be fine with 2.5 inch. you will have to get a camber kit though. i learned the hard way. the outside thread on my front tire slook brand new and the inside thread is almost bald. make sure you invest in the camber kit, dont wanna ruin your tires that you worked so hard for.
Camber kit is self-evident...I will definately get one. What about the milage on the suspention though. Some guy is saying dont get used...duno why he never gave a reason.
Old 03-06-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
^ well people will say dont get used because you can never be sure how long theyve actually been used. Also how the person drives on them and how low they lowered it while they were in use. There are a lot of things to consider unless you trust the guy.
Old 03-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
well if you were to go crazy all-out, get the Flex, camber adjustment on front i think the SS would be better. but.. yeah
Old 03-06-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
^ I dont think he's looking for something like the Flex if he is looking at something like the basics. Tein Flex are a lot more expensive, and the spring rate on them are higher meaning a stiffer ride.
Old 03-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
I have the TEIN basics, the rear camber is extreme, and balds tires very fast IF you slam it. You CAN slam it....That's what I do. I really need a camber kit. If you raise it up to a regularly lowered position, then it'll be alright, but will still wear.
The thing that took me by surprise, is that you can drop the front suspension all the way down as far as it goes, and it seems like I want it to go further. I mean, it's low as low gets, but I really like it slammed I guess.
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

Civic62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tein Basic...how low can you go???

I was thinking about getting the Teins Basic but I'm leaning towards GC/Koni combo now because you can get it for the same price as the basic new and you get adjustabilty with the Koni and they come with a lifetime warranty if not used for track.
Old 03-30-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

dude jsut spring for the extra and go with the ss's 16 way adjustable dampers were as the basics have none. im on ss's and im running a 3 inch drop

Old 03-30-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

eh its a dark picture and u cant really tell where the tire ends and the fenders begin, but theres no gap at all
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

I blew my basics by slamming it. it didn't even last a year. you can also try to get some F2s or D2 coilovers. they go for $875 shipped 32way adjustable and come with upper pillow mounts
Old 03-30-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

You could dish out the extra money for the SS's but I always said to myself "When am I going to use the adjustable" So you might want to ask yourself the same question. If you're going to use the adjustable feature often, go for it, but for me I'm not going to use it, so I just opted for the basic's. Another thing you can keep in mind, is that you can use the suspension that's created for the EP3 and the DC5 (with little modification to the tie rod ends if you go with the DC5 suspension, or depending on what year you have.) It opens up your options for suspension.
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point

no idea how many inches
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

JeesunUltra is an unknown quantity at this point

3.8in? do they really say that?

i have the super street which goes at 2in drop. theres about 2-3 more threads before it reaches the max drop. thats the front side. im in a 17s with 45 series tires

im not sure with the basic but with the s.s. you'll have to replace your tie rod ends with the dc5 (type r) ones and you'll have to chip off some of the bushing of the rear coilovers to fit it in. i'll say about 1-2mm on both ends.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

neuspeed race springs+koni yellows+sway bars+front strut bar ftw!! take any corner like nothin