Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

How good is this setup I just got,

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dblclutchin is an unknown quantity at this point
How good is this setup I just got,

Thanx to member hauliau I just got hooked up with some Tokico HP's and some S-Techs for a good price lowering my guess 1.5" I just wanna know how well this will handle, ride comfort and just any other feedback you can give me for this setup. Thanx
Old 02-02-2007
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
sound sweet, let us know how it works out.
Old 02-02-2007
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
I had almost the same setup when I had my civic its a rather nice ride
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
a very nice ride comfort i'd say.. my friend (susuking 7thgener) has exact same setup and i rode it. its really nice when it comes to comfort. its 10 but the height is alittle high.

Last edited by ohsnapsjay08; 02-02-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I will be on a similar setup once I put MY newly acquired blues on (blues and Prokit) I'll let you know how much different it feels. I hear good things about HP's tho
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about
with hp's. should feel like an oem ride but a lil more stiffer. =D
Old 02-02-2007
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Its a good start for a street setup.

my advice; Make sure you pick up a camber kit front and rear, as the sooner you can get away from the OEM alignment the sooner your car will handle better.
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

I'm not going to put on a camber kit right away and I just plan on having an alignment from the shop. My bad??? I read the stick sayin im going to be pimp slapped if I ask if I need a camber kit but......Do I? I heard in most cases you can get away with not having one if the drop is moderate. I think this will only be like a 1.5" drop....
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
i just put on my blues and s-techs a couple days ago. the ride is like stock just stiffer. my springs havent settled all the way yet but i like the drop. im using an spc camber kit with specs of -1.25 front, and -.75 rear as recommended by someone on this forum. well at least thats the specs i will use when i get it aligned. its not bad, but u can see the neg camber and id rather not wear my tires. so id recommend a camber kit.
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Coloraduh_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dblclutchin
I'm not going to put on a camber kit right away and I just plan on having an alignment from the shop. My bad??? I read the stick sayin im going to be pimp slapped if I ask if I need a camber kit but......Do I? I heard in most cases you can get away with not having one if the drop is moderate. I think this will only be like a 1.5" drop....
You'll need a camber kit. I have the same setup your getting and I NEEDED one. Look into spc.
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Did you not get one right away or did you just get regular alignment? What kind of preoblems did you have?
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
Howstuffworks "How Tires Work"
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

miklovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a camber kit, unless you don't like your tires. When I had my Pro kit on (only a 1" drop) after a year the insides of my tires were done. I wanted to get new tires anyway so no biggie, but when I switched to the H&R kit I did front and rear cambers....
Think of it this way, you'll spend $250 on a camber kit but you'll spend maybe $800 on a new set of tires in a year
Old 02-03-2007
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
No offense intended, but shouldn't you be asking this sort of question BEFORE you put the money down? Retro-researching is usually not very productive cause if you find out your stuff is crap you have to go through the trouble of taking it back or you install it anyway and have the thought "This stuff sucks" going through your head every time you drive.

But back on topic, it's a nice setup.
Old 02-03-2007
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
shouldn't you have posted before you bought them?

"how good is this setup im thinkming about buying?"
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
Originally Posted by miklovo
Think of it this way, you'll spend $250 on a camber kit but you'll spend maybe $800 on a new set of tires in a year
really? $250? i bought an spc camber kit for less than 80 bucks
Old 02-03-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Its better to get a camber kit to be on the safe side. I only have a rear camber kit on my car. I'm dropped 1.75 in the front, and I have even tire wear in the front. Whatever you do, get an alignment after you lower your car.
Old 02-03-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you cant align the car once its lowered without a camber kit
Old 02-04-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
you cant align the car once its lowered without a camber kit
sure you can, you don't need a camber kit to get an alignement.

So you're saying all those people driving stock cars can't get an alignment, if their camber,or toe is off, they can't get it aligned???

so stock 7thgens without a camber kits can't get alignments??

Last edited by phuviano; 02-04-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-04-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by phuviano
sure you can, you don't need a camber kit to get an alignement.

So you're saying all those people driving stock cars can't get an alignment, if their camber,or toe is off, they can't get it aligned???

so stock 7thgens without a camber kits can't get alignments??

he means get an alignement that is within OE specks when ur dropped with such springs........

lol........hes not THAT stupid you know, its very well repp.ed and knowledgeable on this forum.....

heck, hes even got a DIY alignement thread or soemthing....ahah
Old 02-05-2007
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

You may not technically need a camber kit to get your car aligned to the OEM specs.... but you should want a camber kit so you can specifically get away from the Craptacular OEM alignment specs.
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

Is there a DIY on adjusting the rear camber to get good specs and what exactally are ideal specs? If I algin it myself I still have to go and have a shop do alignment right? <------- Noob sorry bout the obvious questions.
Old 02-05-2007
Registered!!

miklovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by metalviper
really? $250? i bought an spc camber kit for less than 80 bucks
Wow, I paid excatly $224.00 for mine front and back set with the install + lifetime warranty and alignment. Thats what I get when I don't want to install it myself i guess!
Old 02-05-2007
Autocross Junky

Is there a DIY on adjusting the rear camber to get good specs and what exactally are ideal specs? If I algin it myself I still have to go and have a shop do alignment right? <------- Noob sorry bout the obvious questions.

Ideal would depend on your intended application and what tires you are running, among other things.

But, for a street driven car....

-1 to -1.5 deg camber on the nose, 0 Toe.
-.25 to -.5 Deg camber on the rear, Maybe 1/32nd total toe in (Thats 1/64th toe in per side)

It may not be "optimum" but its a good start, and a whole lot better then the OEM alignment.