Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Carbing Lower tie bar install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vantage should not be trusted
Carbing Lower tie bar install?

Hey everyone, i just ordered a carbing lower tie bar off ebay. I was wondering, How hard was they to install?

Just wondering, is it just as easy as taking out the 2 bolts and putting htem back in?

Does the car have to be jacked up until the rear tires are off the ground, or do u just have to get the back end up so u can get in there?

Any info on the install is great.

Thanks

PS. I did a search already, found a thread on it, but couldnt post because it had " expired"
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

bluehonda1 is an unknown quantity at this point
u just have to get the back end up. I placed my jack in the middle of my rear end.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
When i did mine i had the rear wheels off the ground. Its kinda difficult by yourself that way because with the wheels off the ground and the bolts taken out, the rear assembly is detached from the frame and kinda sways a bit, so you have to line up the holes to get the bolt back in. I recommend a buddy to help out with holding the wheels in place while you put the bolts back in.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

DO u guys reccommend it? It's 90 CDN + 15 S/H. So $105 CDN. But my girl says it costs a crap load to get it across the boarder. SHe had to pay an extra $70 to get a purse she ordered across the boarder ontop of the S/H.

Which would bring it close to $200 CDN.

Still worth it?
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Installation shouldn't take more than 20 min by yourself....just jack up the rear and put jackstands on each side....then remove the 2 bolts and put the tie bar in place....GL

If u have an upgraded rear sway bar then it would but if u don't.....not worth it IMO especially for $200....

Last edited by CLeeNx04CiVic; 08-02-2006 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

So the tie bar by itself wouldnt do much? Like i said, my sway is being priced out right now. Id like to not spend to much, as I am a student, but I dont want to half *** anything either.
Old 08-03-2006
Once boosted now i-VTEC

C Orndorff is an unknown quantity at this point
I put one on my car. It helps a little nothing huge, but then again like any suspension product don't expect to slap one thing on (like a big rear sway bar) and handle like a F1 car. It all adds up. I am a student to and I have been slowly putting together a good suspension. Adding parts when I can, and it has taken me awhile but I am very happy with what has come from it. Also adding one thing in at a time allows you to feel the car better because it is only slight changes not a major one, in the way it handles.
Old 08-03-2006
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
A rear tie bar does NOTHING!! Please read the FAQ. A tie bar is only there to help brace the chassis with an upgraded sway. They were developed because older imports had a tendency to crack with large sway bars. Howeer, newer chassis are more rigid and I know of no one cracking the EM/ES/DC/EP chassis.

If you do install, jack the rear up, place jack stands/wood planks underneath the control arms to keep them from slipping out, pull out control arm bolts, put on bar, put bolts back in, and torque down (read FAQ for torque specs). If the control arm slips out, use a jack to push it back into place.
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Tie bar won't do NOTHING by itself like ^ said....if u plan on getting an upgraded sway bar in the future or if u already have one then go for it....just don't expect much with just the tie bar....