Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

front upper spring seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
front upper spring seat problem

Image 1-car on the ground

Image 2-car jacked up

Ok first off I have Tokico blues with Skunk2 coilovers. Here's the problem. Look at image 1. See how the front upper spring seat is in contact with the car, and the spring? Well look at image 2 to see what happens when I jack up the car. That spring seat is just free and you can move it up, down, left, right, and worse, spin it- meaning the indexing gets screwed up. Now I don't exactly want to index everytime I raise up the car. And when I lower the car back down, it makes a loud pop noise from the spring seat popping into place. And when I take my car to discount tire to have them put new tires on, well, they are shocked, like "what the hell did I do!" when they hear that noise. So I know alot of you have springs and not coilovers and from pictures it seems like you guys don't have this problem. But does anyone know what I can do about this? If you don't understand something about my drawing or what I'm saying just ask me. All help is appreciated.

Last edited by invrtdsa1nt; 06-22-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
honestly, i would have to physically see it....i kinda understand what youre saying, but not 100%

pics might be helpful
Old 06-22-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
I think i had the same problem...Whenever you have your car jacked up and tightened up nut #14 you need to tighten it up even more when you get your car down. I hope i helped yah a bit
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
no tightening up nut 14 doesnt do a damn thing because that plate is not held by it.
Old 06-23-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Well youre sure outta luck then..try posting up some pictures and surely someone will kno what your talking about..

The top plate consists of three parts then the struts rod goes between those parts and under your hood u tighten the nut to hold those parts in place so i dont know how they can be loose.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
I've been trying to figure out why my teins have been making noises for months now, this sounds like the problem i'm having too
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

Concept: JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
what you need to do is. First lift the car up off the floor dissassemable the sturt at it parts. Second you need to cut the spring perch, the spring perch is actually the cup that the spring is on you need to cut that off enough where the sleeve of the coilover will sit flush all the way to the bottom of the strut housing, also make sure to tigthen the perches on the skunk2, cause i have the same coilovers and they need to be tighten at different directions meaning dont match up the slots on the perches have them opposite to each other so that would be the maximum tightness you can get. I hope this will help you. Also tighten the three bolts on top of the mcpherson strut when your car is on the ground this will make the upper spring seat stay.

Last edited by Concept: JDM; 06-23-2006 at 02:52 PM.