Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Rattle Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dipset82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Rattle Rattle

Hey fellas i finally got tired of speading $$$ on tires so last month i bought the SPC rear Camber kit for my 05 Coupe. Now Friday i was driving home and kept hearing this" whoosh whoosh" noise from my passenger rear. And upon further inspection my last NON-CAMBERED TIRE was unraveling LITERALLY!!! so i replaced my tires "once again" and when taking left turns i hear a rattling. I checked trunk and it's nothing there i looked underneath and the only thing that seems 2 bother me is that above where the camber kit is a few grinds marks show something was rubbing. Only thing near it is CAMBER KIT. I have progress springs and i'm goin on 2yrs with "OEM SHOCKS" (i know what your saying, Y does this guy have stock shocks still) but i was wondering if you all think it sounds like my shock is blown or maybe something else? Thanks No need for retarded comments only useful ones please!!! This noise only happens when taking left turns at a pretty decent speed or hitting a dip or bumb.
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
do you have any other suspension work done like tie-bars? Maybe the bushing needs to be lubricated. If it was your shocks, it would be obvious.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

No i don't have any thing done to suspension other than camber kit and springs. It just bugs me because i only hear it from the passenger rear and thats side where my tire was really worn out. My buddy said something about the shock mount being loose. Does that sound like a probable cause? Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-28-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well if you got some rub marks from the camber kit arm banging around (I've heard of it before), get a BFH and make some clearance for it.
Checking for blown shocks would also be wise.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

straightfaced is an unknown quantity at this point
im lowered on eibach sportsline with stock shocks still and havent had a problem, but will be upgrading this summer
Old 02-28-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
was the unraveled tire on the same side of camber arm with the rub marks?
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

yeah actually it was
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you hear noises like a plastic bag fluttering in the wind, its the shocks.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Naw bro i don't think it's quite like that. This sounds like 2 unpenetrable objects rubbing together. But it's only when cornering left or decent bumps. I know i need to get some new shocks because i've been riding on these Progress springs for almost 2 yrs now.