Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Progress Competition Coilovers - RSX into 05 Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Progress Competition Coilovers - RSX into 05 Civic?

Ok, I've already done the search thing, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I bought a set of Progress coilovers from Truehonda, and got great service from Ed. When we talked he said that Progress never stocks coilovers and that they would need to be custom made. No worries, I wasn't gonna need them for awhile.

So when the coilovers came in I booked an appointment. The tech comes out and says there is a bit of a problem. As we're walking to the car he mentions if I knew that the coilovers are for an RSX. I said no. I ask if the rears went in fine, and he said no problem. The problem was when it came down to securing down the tie rods that there was a bit of play, and he wasn't confident in leaving it like that. He came up with the idea of changing the outer portion of my tie rods to the RSX counterpart. They pulled up an RSX, pulled of the tires and measured, and it was longer than the Civic's. It was exactly 2mm longer I guess, and would eliminate the play that I had right now.

I'll find out tomorrow if it works, if it doesn't, Truehonda is gonna get a phone call to figure this out. Install costs are now rising!!!!! ARGH!!!!!

And idea if this is gonna work? Or am I wasting my time? They look awesome on the car and the tech said they are easy to install and fit in great except for that problem.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-14-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
you need RSX tie rods, you'll also need to shave some of the rear lower bushing. Honestly, if you can get civic parts, use civic parts. Because they fit the car. Makes life much easier.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Thats what I wanted originally, but since I live in Canada and don't have the time to wait for the right parts I thought that I could get away with it. Thanks though.

I was wondering, what did you mean by shaving the rear lower bushing?
Old 02-15-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
get a grinder, and remove about 2mm of it. Like I said, wait for the right parts, or get something else.
Old 02-15-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
We are an authorized Progress dealer.

Eddie usually does things well, but Progress has had some real nice mishaps on some orders lately so it may not be Eddie's fault at all. I ordered an RSX bar and received a Maxima one here the other week. They sent out a hardware kit for the D17 and left out some stuff.
Old 02-16-2006
GO LOW or GO HOME

sl0wEM2 has a spectacular aura aboutsl0wEM2 has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, get the right parts. Get pictures once you get them installed! I've been seriously thinking of getting some progress coilovers.
Old 02-16-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by j0hns0n
Yeah, get the right parts. Get pictures once you get them installed! I've been seriously thinking of getting some progress coilovers.
Let ME know when your ready.
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

So everything is done, the tie rods from an RSX fixed the problem. The drop on the front is awesome, but with the coilover is to the max on the rear it looks like it is stock. Two finger gap between the fender and tire. Looks like a$$.

I emailed Ed about my problem. Hopefully he is willing to remedy the problem, as I am very irrate right now. I know they are great coilovers, but right now I am NOT happy.

Ed, if you are reading this, please respond to my email. Thanks.

Kit