Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

eibach sports or tien s techs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
eibach sports or tien s techs?

planning to lower the ride in the summer.
im leaning toward the s techs but not sure. any experiences with either one or just any springs in general would be helpful. thanx.
Old 01-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Tein S. Tech , smooth ride, car feels a lot better and nice drop, you'll love them.
Old 01-02-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
either 1 is good, also depends on how much you want to drop....
Old 01-02-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
well i want around 1 inch. so both are ok. i just need to hear experiences about each. the eibachs are hella more expensive though. idk why
Old 01-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
go with teins, I have them and like them a lot, you will not regret.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

RelycVic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Teins S Tech, though I haven't had the chance to install them cause I haven't had money, and now that I do it's pouring, so there's a lot of puddles, I was wondering how much of a drop I'd be looking at with my 17's, my friend got some springs and I think it looks too low, not to mention he burned his o2 sensor because he went through a puddle.
Old 01-02-2006

17s with low profile tires are = to stocks with tires. 1.8 inch drop both front and back.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Talking

i have s. techs (had em for over a year now)... pretty good handling... if you're on a budget i recommend them cuz eibachs are at least 50 bucks more and you can find s. techs on ebay for $120 shipped (that's where i got mine)
Old 01-08-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
personally, i definately would stick with eibach springs no matter what car or purpose. reason being that eibachs have the most consistancy through out the way their springs perform. basically, the spring rate they list for a specific car (7th gen civic) is alway very close to being exact. others tend to vary within a larger margin. eibachs would have +/-0.01 as tein;s rates maybe +/-0.04. as for me, i look for consistancy in suspension parts. dont get me wrong, tein is a great company, but eibach has been around for a long time and they 99.999% know what their doing.
but hey if you just want the looks and bang for the buck, teins will do.

Last edited by 04civic07; 01-08-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2006
Registered!!

Slow1pt7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same question of which springs to buy and I went with the Tein's (mostly for the price difference). Actually I just installed mine on Saturday and I'm really happy with them so far. Perfect drop height for me (lot's of pot holes in NE Ohio), and I don't really think that the ride changed that much at all. I'm only disappointed that there is so much gravel on the road right now that I can't even test them out.
Old 01-08-2006
Registered!!

tarheel365 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the tein s techs...i also have 17s
they were fine when i first put them on but after having it aligned i was having some rubbing in the rear tire well. this happens only on somewhat sharp turns at speed. ride is pretty harsh compared to stock but i think my shocks are blown.
my tokico hps are coming in later this week so i'm gonna install these w/ the teins.
Old 01-08-2006
Registered!!

Let me know how they turn out, if the rubbing continues in your rear, because if they do, then I'm going to go with Eibachs, and sell my Tein's... I'm not planning on installing them yet until I buy a camber kit, and the sway bars, to put all of them at once.
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

it rubs only on the left rear when i make right turns at speed.

it no longer does it unless i hit a bump as i'm turning. i basically have a 1 finger gap in the rears.
Old 01-09-2006

yea has anyone else blown their shocks with these? any tire wear cause of camber?
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

Ok thanks, I might stick with Tein's if the rubbing only occurs when hitting bumps, I mean it does lower the car after all, so I wouldn't be surprised that it rubs, all in all are you happy with the Springs? Oh and by the way what tire size are you using on your 17's? I'm using 205/40's (I didn't go by the book)are yours thicker?
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

215/45/17

i am very happy w/ the springs...on nice roads their great but in my area we tend to have lots of construction and potholes. also i dunno if its my tires or my alignment but if there's a wrinkle in the road my tires tend to follow it....

o yah and it really doesn't rub much at all anymore ...dunno why either...hopefully the HPs improve my ride a lil.