Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace or Tanabe Sustec Under Brace

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tamazoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace or Tanabe Sustec Under Brace

Hi! My friend is wondering and I'm just curious, but which bar is better for our cars? The Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace or Tanabe Sustec Under Brace? The Tanabe also has a 4 point bracing... But it's more like a "H" shape instead of a "X" shape... Would the X-Brace be better and stronger? You can check out the Tanabe here. http://www.tanabe-usa.com/underbrace/ And the Neuspeed here. http://www.neuspeed.com/products/pro...mport&p_id=814
They're both similar in price too... Thanks!

Actually I just found some pics...

Here's the Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace:

Here's the Tanabe Sustec Under Brace:

But I wonder if the Tanabe Brace would allow you to drain the oil without removing it...

From the looks of it, the Tanabe might be stronger... It actually looks like a "W" shape instead of a "H" shape... But probably won't notice a difference though...

Last edited by tamazoid; 08-25-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
looks like the tanabe would be a stronger design. I dont know much bout susp/autox so its just my opinion
Old 08-24-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
i always thought that neuspeed is known for its suspension products while tanabe for its performance/engine works.
from the names i would go with the neuspeed but it seems that tanabe in this case is stronger. i remember there was a big rave about the tanabe sustec brace a while back.
Old 08-24-2005
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
i would go with the tenabe, just because of the design and it looks way stronger.
Old 08-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I was trying to get a Tanabe for a while, but ended up with a wicked deal on an X brace so I got that instead. Honestly I don't think anyone except the hardcore autoXers would notice a difference between the two.
Old 08-25-2005

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
just looking at the picture it looks like the Tanabe might sit a bit lower. That might be an issue if your very low. My Neuspeed x brace is the lowest point on my car. The front 2 mounting points are ground down a bit from scraping.
On a side note, I miss my front brace. I took it off when I installed my turbo and havent gotten around to putting it back yet. I notice a definite difference in the front end. gotta get that back on there soon
Old 08-25-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
not to sound biased here, but just because something LOOKS stronger, doesn't mean that it IS stronger...
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
x-brace, cus you can drain your oil with no probs, when you put it on your car, it will be like nite and day. and theres a group buy on them here too.
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Where is the drain plug located around the X-Brace?

I just want something different because most people seem to have the X-Brace.
Old 08-25-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
We have a GB on the X-Brace from Neuspeed:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=223595

Neuspeed boasts that their bar will not have to be removed while changing oil.
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Yakkolio is an unknown quantity at this point
I have neuspeed strut tower and RSX rear sways, will the xbrace help me out anymore?
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
wtf does this do? sorry i dont know much about thing like this..
Old 08-25-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Yakkolio
I have neuspeed strut tower and RSX rear sways, will the xbrace help me out anymore?
Yes it will.
Old 08-25-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Kyle23
wtf does this do? sorry i dont know much about thing like this..
NEUSPEED's new Lower Front X-Brace eliminates flexing at the lower control arm chassis pick-up points. The result is improved stability and handling.

Increased rigidity, less chassis flex....sounds like improved handling to me.
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Does anyone know if you can change the oil without taking off the brace for the Tanabe?
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Redviking is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tamazoid
Does anyone know if you can change the oil without taking off the brace for the Tanabe?
So are we able to change the oil with it or not?

I never saw the answer on all the thread I found about this brace!
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Redviking
So are we able to change the oil with it or not?

I never saw the answer on all the thread I found about this brace!
I know! So I ended getting the X-Brace cause everybody says you can still do it with that...

I got my Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace off http://www.racingworks.com/neuspeed_...er_x_brace.htm for a really good price!

Me and my friend both ordered one off there and we saved so much from combining the shipping! Way cheaper than any groub buy offered here... You just got to email the guy and ask him about it.
Old 09-24-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
I can tell you one thing, I can't live without mine. I feel in love. I got the x-brace. It tightens it up sooooooooooo much.
Old 09-24-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
I changed my oil with my x-brace on, so yes. Not sure with the tanabe.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know! So I ended getting the X-Brace cause everybody says you can still do it with that...

I got my Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace off http://www.racingworks.com/neuspeed_...er_x_brace.htm for a really good price!

Me and my friend both ordered one off there and we saved so much from combining the shipping! Way cheaper than any groub buy offered here... You just got to email the guy and ask him about it.

yo, i just checked out that site, and i ordered the x-brace for 110+shipping! is that what you got it for? thanks for sharing that link
Old 09-24-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
damn that racingworks website is the cheapest place i've seen the bar i was gonna order it from inlinefour.com for 180. thanx for the link
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Ok thanks for the link! I see that you are from canada too. How much is the total cost (X-brace+ shipping + Tax+ custom fee + etc.)?

I still want to know how is the oil change with the Tanabe brace... There some kind of deal in a local shop!
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Yah... that site is really good I say! Cheers everyone!

Well me and my friend both order one each... So we asked if he could combine the shipping and give a discount... And he was really good about it too! So we both ended up paying about $215 Canadian each... And that was shipped, tax, and custom fees etc... Final Price! So I guess that works out to be like $180 USD each... That's so good compared to dezod's groupbuy... He wanted $180 for the bar and another $49 shipping to Canada. So that's $229 USD plus another $50 Canadian for customs... So we both ended up saving a lot of money!
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Redviking
Ok thanks for the link! I see that you are from canada too. How much is the total cost (X-brace+ shipping + Tax+ custom fee + etc.)?

I still want to know how is the oil change with the Tanabe brace... There some kind of deal in a local shop!
If you find out about the Tanabe, let me know too! I'm still curious... You know what you should do if they have one in stock. You should ask if you could hold it against the bottom of your car to see if it gets in the way of the drain plug and filter. I guess that's if you can get your car lifted up and stuff...
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey tamazoid, just wondering, how long ago did you order the x-brace? cuhz i found in the Special Clearance (or whatever its called) section that they have it for $110 (without shipping). just letting you know, since you helped us out by showing us the link
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
hey tamazoid, just wondering, how long ago did you order the x-brace? cuhz i found in the Special Clearance (or whatever its called) section that they have it for $110 (without shipping). just letting you know, since you helped us out by showing us the link
I think I ordered it a 2-3 weeks ago... Maybe that's why it was cheaper when I got it... Cause it was $141.97 regular...

Well I just recieved it on Monday... Just put it on a few days ago, and it feels great!
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

If you find out about the Tanabe, let me know too! I'm still curious... You know what you should do if they have one in stock. You should ask if you could hold it against the bottom of your car to see if it gets in the way of the drain plug and filter. I guess that's if you can get your car lifted up and stuff...
Well I ended up sending a PM to the DIY king: Grey himself! since he have one. According to him, you can easily change your oil and filter without problem. This question is now closed!
Old 09-28-2005
Registered!!

Dr. Design is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hold on!!!

If you are talking about comparing "x-braces" you have to be sure to include the D3 double x-brace that is on the market. It mounts to (6) seperate locations and covers over twice the span the Nuespeed & Tanabe brace cover. Not to mention it is constructed of better material. Search around the internet and you will see that there are better X-braces on the market than the Nuespeed and the Tanabe braces! (see attached)

Dr. D
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DXCB-C copy.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	60686  
Old 09-28-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks, structurally speaking, the weakest of the bars mentioned here, at least the Neuspeed has the webbing between the members, that one just looks like 4 bars welded together. But then again, I'm no susp. expert..
Old 09-29-2005
Registered!!

Dr. Design is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually the Double X-Brace is constructed out of 304 1" tubing stainless steel and is tig welded. The Nuespeed x-brace uses mild steel. When you compare the material characteristics, the tensile strength of Stainless Steel is far superior to mild steel! Also by design, the double x-brace design is structurally much more solid than the single brace that is currently mentioned. Besides it will out perform both bars hands down!!

Dr. D

Originally Posted by dre2600
That looks, structurally speaking, the weakest of the bars mentioned here, at least the Neuspeed has the webbing between the members, that one just looks like 4 bars welded together. But then again, I'm no susp. expert..

Quick Reply: Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace or Tanabe Sustec Under Brace