Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Sport or Race?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Neuspeed Sport or Race?

I'm running a 215/35/18 tire and I was wondering which of the two drops i should get, i've seen peoples car and both look good, some sport drops look like there is about a finger all around and others look alot higher than that. Then the race springs i seen Are6's drop and it looks good. Will the race springs tuck my tires any? I don't want to tuck but i want it to be low. So should i get race or sport springs?
Old 05-13-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
215/35/18 is a very low profile tire. if you want to kill wheel gap as your priority, i'd go with race. lets say thats about a 2" drop, you will still have probably half finger wheel gap or even none. so if you want to tuck, go with race springs. if these are going on stock shocks and IF the strut/shock blows, expect the car to be humping the ground as the car WILL sit lower. the car will sit really low with minium wheel gap.

sport springs (1.5-1.7" drop) on the other hand, will probably leave you with a 1 finger gap or 1 1/2 finger gap all around depending on springs. some springs tend to sag, but thats more of a worry for those sedan owners. seems like most springs on the market are tested on coupes or just that sedans have diff weight balances.

sounds like you would probably want sport springs if you dont want to tuck. you'll always be more on the safer side with sport springs than race. race springs itself is aimed toward for performance IMO.
Old 05-13-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna buy shocks too, should i also buy struts or just go with new shocks? I like how the 1.75" is in the Front and 1.5" is in the rear, should make it look like its sitting even, i've seen alot of peoples cars look like there is about 300 lbs extra in the trunk.
Old 05-13-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i think race will be too low. i have 18's and im on sports. i have no gap in the back and maybe a small small finger in the front..like sqeezing a finger. im on a 35 series tire
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd recommend going with the Sports, especially considering the roads where you are, the low profile tires and if this is your daily driver. I've had the Sports on my car for two years now and they work great all year round and still lower it just right. That's my $.02
Old 05-13-2005

Sounds great, yea i figured the sports would look awesome and do what i want them to do. So should i get shocks for the sports? And do i have to get the most expensive shocks out there or just something other than stock?
Old 05-13-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
tokico hp (aka blues) are one of the most favorable shocks/struts on the market as they are most affordable and great to replace the OEMs to just get better daily driving. its not a strut thats meant for racing, but just for street use and ppl who dont want to deal with crappy OEM struts.

you dont HAVE to get shocks (shock and strut = same btw) if you want too. but i recommend doing so. dropping the car on stock struts can easily result in blowing your OEM struts which leads to unsafe driving and shitty ride.

check out the shock/damper faq too before making a purchase. i would say you have a big selection on which struts that can suit you best for your needs.

the reason why u see few rides with rear lower than the front is because they have equipment in the trunk, shocks worn out, blown shock, incorrect springs of application (sedans tend to sag on certain springs as some are meant for coupes).
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Basically what jttegx said. The oem shocks will most likely blow at some point if you lower it. If you are going to lower it by 1.75" or so, like on the Sports, and you are just using it as your daily driver, the Tokico Blues should be just fine. I have that combo on my sedan and it is perfect for me even with the crappy streets here and daily driving.
Old 06-21-2005
Premium Member

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough
i have 225/40/18 size tires wrapped on my 18" rims, I also am looking to buy some springs. What would be some good springs for me to buy that would give me a good look and feel, and allow me to drive without scraping the tires on the fender.