Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Kyb Gr-2

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicdelux is an unknown quantity at this point
Kyb Gr-2

Does any one have experience with the KYB GR-2 suspension? I'm considering buying it. I dont want to drop my car i just want a smooth ride and maybe better handling
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I bought gr2 front struts for my 01 lx. When I tried to put them on I discovered my cheap *** coilovers would not fit. The sleeves are to small (they need 2 mm more inside diameter clearance). As for ride quality, can't say much cause I stil have not installed them. I'm saving for ground control coilovers than will actually fit. I'm pretty sure the gr2's are designed to be factory replacements though.
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
I agree with suthrninca... From what I understand, the GR-2's are more of an OEM replacement than a performance improvement (although, just about anything is better than OEM struts). If you want better handling, I'd say go with AGX's.

They are 4-way adjustable via a small slotted screw on top and even on their lowest setting are stiffer than stock. I put them on a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with the improvement over stock. I put Pro-kit springs on at them same time tho, so I'm not sure how much should be attributed to that.

One thing is for sure... they definately keep my tires on the road much better than the stock struts did. My tires no longer slap the road going over railroad crossings and uneven pavement.
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Superman2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey what year car did you have?? I have a 04 Lx Sedan...I`m wondering how easy it was to install the fronts?? Do you have to mod a bunch of stuff?? Are there anything out there for an 04 sedan that just drops in?? I know that you have sooommmee work...but do I have to always cut up my stock oem strut?
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Superman2004
hey what year car did you have?? I have a 04 Lx Sedan...I`m wondering how easy it was to install the fronts?? Do you have to mod a bunch of stuff?? Are there anything out there for an 04 sedan that just drops in?? I know that you have sooommmee work...but do I have to always cut up my stock oem strut?
I don't wanna hijack his thread, but I think the hardest part about doing the fronts is taking the tie rod end out of the steering arm. Some use a fork-type ball joint separator, but this can destroy your boot. I loaned a clamp-type Pitman arm-puller from AutoZone and it made the task a snap.

You should check out Mex's the sticky'd thread. It'll give you an idea of what you're up against.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hlight=install

and also try searching