Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Shocks and spring prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quazar is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Shocks and spring prices

hey, I have an 02 coupe and would like to know what a good price for decent 2" drop, springs and shocks (installed) would be. And what brands. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I just ordered EIbach Sportlines and an SPC camber kit, and will later buy Koni Yellows and that will cost close to $1000 after shipping. For installation I was quoted at around $400 because the Konis are such a pain, and then another $50 dollars or so for an alignment. You might be better off buying coilovers because the installation will be much cheaper.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
Check us out for pricing. www.iapdirect.com ^^ He is right about coilovers, especially if the OMNI coilovers come out sometime soon

Contact me if you have any questions.
Old 03-31-2005

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
We definitely have some great vendors on this site that will take care of you. Click on "forums" and scroll to the bottom to see that list. I think I just saw a Tein sale as well. Be sure to search first though because some products are definitely superior to others, and certain ones are not compatible.

Some things that come to mind
-kyb shocks wont support a low drop
-different konis for 2003+ models
-skunk2 not compatible with aftermarket shocks
-etc, etc, etc (correct me if I am mistaken on any of these things)
Old 03-31-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I really don't want to sound mean, but you need to read and research before buying anything. Opinions from others are going to confuse you if you do not know what reputable companies or how to correctly lower your car. Please read 1) The suspension FAQ and 2) the damper FAQ.
Old 03-31-2005

Originally Posted by robbclark1
I really don't want to sound mean, but you need to read and research before buying anything. Opinions from others are going to confuse you if you do not know what reputable companies or how to correctly lower your car. Please read 1) The suspension FAQ and 2) the damper FAQ.
You really need a copy/paste response saved on your computer for how often you say that. I am surprised that you dont just give up on these "noob" posters. I think we are all thankful for your patience though, and I dont think there is a person on this forum that hasnt benefitted from your posts at some point.
Old 03-31-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, I'm with robb on this one, you dont need to go buy something with out knowing more of what you want. If you just want to drop the car 2" then just about any thing will work, From a Sleeved coilover to some of the straight springs. However, if you want better performance out of the car, then there are other things to consider...

So please elaborate more on what you are looking for out of your suspension. Then we may be able to help you decide on whats the best setup for you.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

quazar is an unknown quantity at this point
follow-up

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Ya, I'm with robb on this one, you dont need to go buy something with out knowing more of what you want. If you just want to drop the car 2" then just about any thing will work, From a Sleeved coilover to some of the straight springs. However, if you want better performance out of the car, then there are other things to consider...

So please elaborate more on what you are looking for out of your suspension. Then we may be able to help you decide on whats the best setup for you.

I appriciate everyones comments. I realize that I have to research it.

To answer your more specific question. I am looking for a better ride. The stock suspension feels like poop. bobbing around everywhere, and I wat to minimize body roll and improve steering control. Currently I hit a bump and almost lose control.

I would then appriciate any suggestions on lowering amount and spring/shock setup. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Look into Tein Basics or TeinSS coilovers.

www.tein.com

if you like what you see search this site for more info because there are tons of Q/A on this site about Teins...... I have TeinSS and I love them so therefore I will recommend them.