Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Camber/Caster Plates!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Camber/Caster Plates!!!!!

Finally some one makes a camber/caster plate for our car....

$370.. Cheeper then Hotchkiss, More expensive then Tein, but its the only one that allows you to adjust Caster too.
http://www.k-mac.com.au/makes/honda.htm
Old 02-04-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I think I should be excited.... problem is they're $370. Damn. Thats just a ****-ton of money. Oh well... I'll just adjust my camber and live with it.
Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I just shot off an email to see what the adjustment range is on them.
Old 02-04-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
linky no worky
Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
linky no worky
Works for me...
Old 02-04-2005

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
is there a picture you can post?
Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky

Small one...

Old 02-04-2005

now the damn site came up.
Old 02-04-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
How can we adjust caster with the control arm we have?
Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by robbclark1
How can we adjust caster with the control arm we have?

The control arm is attached to the Knuckle through a ball joint. so the knuckle and strut will shift and the ball joint will compensate.
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
Guys, be careful with that company. We have tried to business with them for a while on BMW kits becuase they are one of the few that manufacture a ton of BMW kits. However, they are extremely slow at responding. This may be due to them being in Austrailia. Just a heads up.
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
thats wayy too much!
Old 02-04-2005
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by peteriap
Guys, be careful with that company. We have tried to business with them for a while on BMW kits becuase they are one of the few that manufacture a ton of BMW kits. However, they are extremely slow at responding. This may be due to them being in Austrailia. Just a heads up.

Interesting... But if they are the only ones with a Camber/Caster kit... I may have to take my chances.
Old 02-06-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
what is factory caster set to? to me the front suspension seems to sit completely vertical.
Old 02-06-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Factory caster is around 2 degrees laid back... I think its negative, but I don't remember which way the caster sign convention works.
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrazyCakes is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah it's like 1.5 to 2 degrees (which is like none). adjusting camber and caster might be cool but i also wonder what the adjustment range is.
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
why would you need to adjust the caster anyway? From what I know caster doesnt affect tire wear anyway.
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

UTICivic will become famous soon enoughUTICivic will become famous soon enough
^You my friend need to take Phase 8.
Old 02-06-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by streetglower
why would you need to adjust the caster anyway? From what I know caster doesnt affect tire wear anyway.

From Mike Kojima

Positive front caster Helps both stability, steady state cornering and turn in because the suspension will get more negative camber when the wheel is turned/ 6-7 degrees positive, negative caster is not useable

Can increase understeer, especially in cars with wide, low profile tires due to a non linear increase in corner weight. Increases steering effort, SE-R’s are not easily modified to make this adjustable, FWD cars can see an increase of torque steer with excessive positive caster

Another web page

The caster angle is a key suspension factor that will contribute to a vehicle's handling. This angle is the measurement between the tires' vertical centerline and the centerline of the steering axis through the upper and lower ball joints. This angle is altered by tilting the steering knuckle pivot points backward or forward.

Positive caster settings provide a greater degree of steering effort, self-centering and stability to the vehicle Therefore nearly every car has a positive caster setting. A lot of caster gives you greater stability in high-speed, straight-ahead driving, but at low speeds, steering is heavy. A smaller positive caster setting makes for easier tow-speed steering, but at high speeds, the vehicle will tend to wander.

The best caster setting is usually the maximum positive setting recommended by the manufacturer. Caster settings will normally range from +2 to +6 degrees. When setting the caster, the sides of the vehicle should be within 1/2 degree of each other.

Last edited by robbclark1; 02-06-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by UTICivic
^You my friend need to take Phase 8.
already tooken phase 8. It was AC and heating. You mean 28. Yes I already took that too. But I guess our teacher sucked. We got into alignments and what not, but our teacher went by that crap too fast.
Old 02-07-2005
Autocross Junky

got an Email back from them...

Does not effect top of strut clearence.

Range of extra Positive or Negative Camber is
2 degrees and Positive Caster is extra 1.05 degrees.

.. I may have to get these.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

P40vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Are these intended for stock diameter springs or only reduced diameter ie coilovers? If they fit stock diameter, they sure would be the only game...
Old 02-07-2005
Autocross Junky

According to them, it only replaces the upper mount. SO they should work with stock sized springs.