Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

well its true skunk is junk

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
well its true skunk is junk

well guys the days has come my front driver side spring broke. i dont know how...i heard a big clunk like 2 days ago from hitting a bump and i thought nothing of it and today i checked out if everything was cool and i saw the broken spring. now i dont know what to do. ****.
Old 01-21-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Yup.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

yeah i remeber that pic. and then i looked at mine and it looked exactly like that.
Old 01-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
what in the ****!
Old 01-21-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
sorry to see that bro. time for some hayames?! jp
Old 01-21-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
damn....thats why i buy neuspeed.
Old 01-21-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
call up skunk and have the replace the broken spring. Then buy some GC's amd sell the sunk set up.
Old 01-21-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Easy replacement... Call Ground control and order a set of Eibach springs from them. they will fit the Skunk collars and should only cost around $50 a pair.... and you get to specify the length and spring rate you want!!
Old 01-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Easy replacement... Call Ground control and order a set of Eibach springs from them. they will fit the Skunk collars and should only cost around $50 a pair.... and you get to specify the length and spring rate you want!!

Eibach springs are more than $50 a pair. At least for the race springs they are.... They're at least $50 a piece according to the 5 stores I called when I was buying mine.
Old 01-21-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
damn, thats got to hurt. im riding on skunk2 coilovers and now im just wanting the omni-power even more. but did the faulty spring damage anything else on the car civicvtec1ps/d17a2outlaw?
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

naw it didnt damage anything else. i mean my car is still drivable, i drove to a friends house before i looked at them this morning, and they rode fine. but only had that clunking noise like when the spring rubs. thats why i thought nothing of it. but now im too scared to drive my car. anyone think old coil-over springs would work like from a eg/ek/or dc? cause my friend got an extra set. and it sucks too cause im from san jose and have to drive to sac on sunday, to go to school. booo
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

^^^ does anyone know if they will fit?
Old 01-22-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Eibach springs are more than $50 a pair. At least for the race springs they are.... They're at least $50 a piece according to the 5 stores I called when I was buying mine.

My friend picked up a set of springs for his MR2 from Ground control Directly... He told me they were $50 a pair. (He swaped over the collars from his Corrola to the MR2, but the springs needed to be shorter and of different rates).

d17a2outlaw: you need to find out the dimentions of the springs you need. that will tell you what spring you can or cant use.
Old 02-04-2005
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
That's some nasty *** coil bind. Must've hit really hard. When i went over the curb with my GCs, the Eibach springs were still good (to my surprise).

Then again, the Eibachs are a bit stiffer than the Skunk2s.

Last edited by SlammedBlueEM2; 02-04-2005 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks, sorry to see that. Get a new/reliable set up. I am on goldlines, they drop close to 2", and were 145 shipped. Not a bad deal. Neuspeed and goldlines are both quality, they wont bust on ya. I saw a lot of bad info on skunks, which is what deterred me pretty quickly from buying them. Good luck getting something new!
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
Definitely, contact Skunk2. They should take care of you. Have the picture handy!
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
damn, that sucks!!! I'll stay away from skunk parts
Old 02-05-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^one skunk2 user changes ur mind just like that?

he hit a bump on his skunk2's, of course any spring could've done the same to him. skunk2 is a great company that supports honda/acura vehicles. i have skunk2 coilovers and no problem at all. im even riding them on stock shocks for a year and their not blown (knocks of wood). i have drove over pretty harsh roads and dropped pretty low on them too.
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SlammedBlueEM2
That's some nasty *** coil bind. Must've hit really hard. When i went over the curb with my GCs, the Eibach springs were still good (to my surprise).

Then again, the Eibachs are a bit stiffer than the Skunk2s.
i think skunk is stiffer unless you get custom rates on the GC.
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jttegx
^one skunk2 user changes ur mind just like that?

he hit a bump on his skunk2's, of course any spring could've done the same to him. skunk2 is a great company that supports honda/acura vehicles. i have skunk2 coilovers and no problem at all. im even riding them on stock shocks for a year and their not blown (knocks of wood). i have drove over pretty harsh roads and dropped pretty low on them too.
i highly doubt that your stock shocks arent blown yet. unless your only lowered 1.5 inches. skunk2 is a great company i used many b series parts and their great, BUT a lot of people with the MacPherson suspension had this problem. ive talked to a couple of people who had the same problems. the cars were like RSX's, EM2's, and EP's but on older gen hondas the springs held up great. i think that skunk2 didnt do that much R&D on thier springs for newer gens.
Old 02-05-2005
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
I've always heard the GCs were stiffer. It doesn't matter. I'd only think they were because a while ago I saw the spring rates for them in comparison and the GCs were stiffer.

Keep in mind that regardless of how low you can go, every car is different when it comes to that waiting period of blown shocks which is mostly based on driving conditions. Like him, I was on stock shocks (slammed) for nearly 2 years on GCs and they held up.
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

wicked_civic_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to have ground control on mine but just switched to Tein super street. Teins rock. My ground controls were moving around when i turned causing really loud suspension noise along with vibrations. Granted i had the setup for the stock shocks but still. I have never felt handling like i do now with the teins.