Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

KW Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
standalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trusted
KW Coilovers

Getting ready to buy some KW coilovers. Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
nope
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

standalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trusted
Just ordered them...variant 2s (variant 3s not available at this time). Takes two weeks to get them from Germany. Can't wait! Gonna tear up the track!
Old 01-05-2005

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I am quite happy with mine. They ride VERY hard, but the handling is unreal. I haven't had a chance to go to the track with them properly setup and good tires. I can't wait until spring (snow here, riding on winter tires now) when I get new tires.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

Ride very hard? From what I have been told, the KWs are much better than TEINs for both street (in terms of ride quality) and track (in terms of actual performance).
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by standalj
Ride very hard? From what I have been told, the KWs are much better than TEINs for both street (in terms of ride quality) and track (in terms of actual performance).
You should have looked at the spring rates maybe. KW is more stiff, thus "harder" riding than Tein.
Old 01-05-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
For us suspension tuning dummies

is there a spring rate chart or can someone tell me:

whats the average spring rate for stock suspension?

what is a good street performance spring rate?

What spring rates should be considered track?
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
For us suspension tuning dummies

is there a spring rate chart or can someone tell me:

whats the average spring rate for stock suspension?

what is a good street performance spring rate?

What spring rates should be considered track?
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fa...aq_susp_faq_q2

Suspension FAQ

Rep points please.
Old 01-05-2005

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dezod
wow all that reading and still didn't answer my question. I see spring rates but what is the stock spring rates, what is a good street rate and a good track rate in you opionion.

Man there is so much crap in all those suspension links, no wonder people ask for a quick answer.

PS i would give you rep, but I past my limit for the past twenty four hours
Old 01-05-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
YOur going at it the wrong way... by trying to brake it down in to "Street spring rates" and "race spring rates" when there really isnt any... simply becuase what spring rate you should be running, in a purely handling sence, are determined by how rough the surfaces you drive on are. Simply Put, the rougher the surfaces the softer the spring required. Both for street and Race.

Stock Rates woudl be in the Low to Sub 200 LB/in Probably front and rear for the non Si civics. The RSX suposidly has 207 LB/IN Front and Progressive rate rears (326-415 LB/in)
Old 01-05-2005

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
YOur going at it the wrong way... by trying to brake it down in to "Street spring rates" and "race spring rates" when there really isnt any... simply becuase what spring rate you should be running, in a purely handling sence, are determined by how rough the surfaces you drive on are. Simply Put, the rougher the surfaces the softer the spring required. Both for street and Race.

Stock Rates woudl be in the Low to Sub 200 LB/in Probably front and rear for the non Si civics. The RSX suposidly has 207 LB/IN Front and Progressive rate rears (326-415 LB/in)

That will work! Thanks!
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
do you know the spring rates for the B+Gs

thanks
Old 01-05-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
b&g=4/5
tein ss=6/8
tein basic=6/8
tein flex 8/10
Old 01-05-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
^^ thats in KG/cm rather then LB/IN....

LB/in can be found here
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/fa...aq_susp_faq_q1
Old 01-05-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
isnt mine Kg/mm rather than cm*

LB/in is more precise but i can never remember what 1kg/mm equates to in lb/in
Old 01-06-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
thanks to boilermaker....

1 lb/in=.017854 kg/mm

so 450 = 8k, 506 = 9k, etc....
Old 01-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Progress CS1 350 F & 650 R