Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

rear sway bar on 01 LX

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
rear sway bar on 01 LX

i posted a similar thread before but now after installing my progress front sway bar im considering this again. before i decided to see how much the front sway did and its done a lot. pretty much im wondering if its safe to get a rear sway bar for an 01 LX since id have to do some drilling. but just upgrading the front sway bar did so much i cant even imagine how much difference installing a rear bar would make. so what do u guys think? should i do it even though itll cost like twice as much as normal since id also have to buy the adapter kit? and is it safe to drill the holes needed to install it?
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's safe to drill as long as you don't mess up and drill in the completely wrong place. The progress bar has a tendency to get in the way of the muffler so if u don't want any banging i'd suggest u plan on going to a muffler shop afterwards to have the pipes bent a bit. I've been extremely happy with the way my progress set up performs. You'll have lots more fun going around turns! The bushings also need to be lubricated periodically, which isn't a big deal but it's just one more thing to think about.
Old 12-21-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by half_n_half17
It's safe to drill as long as you don't mess up and drill in the completely wrong place. The progress bar has a tendency to get in the way of the muffler so if u don't want any banging i'd suggest u plan on going to a muffler shop afterwards to have the pipes bent a bit. I've been extremely happy with the way my progress set up performs. You'll have lots more fun going around turns! The bushings also need to be lubricated periodically, which isn't a big deal but it's just one more thing to think about.
Might want to add that with the beefier 22mm Progress bar you might not want to drive like a complete maniac all the time ... that or upgrade your endlinks - as you'll most likely tear the crappy Honda ones up.
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

i wouldnt have the honda endlinks. id get the progress ones since ill need the progress rear sway adapter kit. 01 LX didnt come witha rear sway bar
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

i heard that the progress rear sway+progress front sway bar combo makes the rear end kinda wild, the front is 27mm, and the rear is 22mm. so witha 19mm im hoping to get neutral handling. anyone know of a good 19mm rear sway bar?
Old 12-21-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Progress makes endlinks for our cars??

In any event .. a good 19mm bar would be out of the RSX-S
And I do know about no rear sway in 01s LX .. as I have one. Except right now I have the Progress lower tie bar (ie attachment bar for the sway bar) affixed to my car - had clearance issues with the sway bar and never really looked back into it (So the bar and Gray's endlinks collect dust in the box until spring perhaps..)

Last edited by Karumba; 12-21-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

they make an adapter kit for 7th gen civics that didnt come with rear sway bars. so yeah the endlinks are included in that kit, not sure how good they are though.
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
The 22 rear with the 27 front won't make u *** happy. The 22 with a 15 will, so it all depends on what year your car is and what you've got in the front.
Old 12-22-2004
Registered!!

actually, i asked grey who did the DIY for the rear progress bar on an 01 LX, and he said that with the progress bars on the front and rear the back end had a tendency to get a little loose. nothing big and only if u really pushed it, but still not really neutral.