Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

X Brace

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004
lkm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
Unhappy X Brace

spefically the one that is made by Nuespeed.
1) Is it worth the money?
2) what all does it do or change?
3) how noticeable is the change?
4) pros and cons
5) other companies that make x braces

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=185190
Old 11-30-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There is an X brace by neuspeed and a Underbrace by Tanabe

It will stiffen the front chassis. I noticed more understeer when I had it. It will just stiffen up the undercarriage. Not much else to it.
Old 11-30-2004

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by robbclark1
There is an X brace by neuspeed and a Underbrace by Tanabe

It will stiffen the front chassis. I noticed more understeer when I had it. It will just stiffen up the undercarriage. Not much else to it.

aren't you going to mention about how it's so illegal in autocrossing or something?
Old 12-01-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
lol, no one auto crosses here. but we all do run from the cops and helicopters like good little ricers.
Old 12-01-2004

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vinh
aren't you going to mention about how it's so illegal in autocrossing or something?
he didn't say he was going to autox...so no.
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

Skellz is an unknown quantity at this point
I got them all I did it all at once the x-brace and strut bars and finally the rear sway was just recently put on... I love it - so stiff I feel like everywhere I go I am doin 30mph but really closer to 70mph - Its gonna get me in trouble... CORNERS Like a champ!
Old 12-01-2004
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rockhound124 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like mine. It tightens the front end alot. It is a very low profile, so no worries about hitting anything. Def it worth the money!
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
what other companies make XBRACE?
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
just tanabe and neuspeed
Old 12-01-2004

Originally Posted by VTECTypeR
just tanabe and neuspeed
Did I not say this already?

Thanks Vtec!
Old 12-01-2004
lkm

ok, which is the best company?
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
that is kinda personal preference because i have the Tanabe underbrace(xbrace) and i know a few others have it and other people like the xbrace they both do the same exact thing. it is kinda personal preference. I love my tanabe one and I have done a complete system with sway bars and strut bars and skunk2 coilovers it is kinda a hard ride but cornering and weaving in and out of traffic is jsut so freakin amazing.
Old 12-01-2004
I R T3H 1338

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
search guys... it has been covered before
Old 12-01-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
should you combine the front upper strut bar with the x brace or is it even worth it to have only one or the other? which is better to have if you can only afford one???
Old 12-01-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally Posted by lkm
ok, which is the best company?
Carbing 6 point underbrace.
Old 12-02-2004
Registered!!

Skellz is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually - The reason I did not get a Tanabe x-brace is because of the way it was developed - makes it extremely hard to get to the oil filter - Neuspeed took that into consideration during development.
Old 12-02-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Here is a pic of Grey's ride with the Tanabe brace

Old 12-02-2004
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
I thought about getting one...

My first suspension mod a RSX rear sway bar, this was the best thing IMO, highly reccommeded by me. The car went from a little understeer to the most nuetral civic I've ever owned (and this is my 4th civic, 3rd moded), as good of balance as my friends vet I would say, however the steering was still a little vague for me. So I bought a Neuspeed front strut bar. This cured the steering problem, but now the car feels like it wants to understeer. So now I am comprimised by a tight steering and balance. While the X-brace seems nice, the last thing I want is more under steer. Just with those two mods, my car is better than my '94 that I used to have, and it had Koni springs, Tokin struts, neuspeed front and rear sway bars and upper strut tower bar(granted that car 130K and this one only has 24K, but what I've put in to my 7thgen totals $115 total for the suspension). I highly recommened going in the order I did and only putting one piece at a time on and stopping when are happy. I feel that if my car has plenty of grip (particuarly when I have the summer tires on) and at this point the roads by me are the traction limiting problem.

In all the only future mod I like on my car is something in the rear to tighten it up and make it more balanced agian.