General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

SRI and strut brace

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buhatkj is an unknown quantity at this point
SRI and strut brace

i have an R1 SRI, which i just installed, and wondered if it would interfere with the future installation of a strut tower brace in the front. for instance, the R1 strut brace for our cars specifically says it wont work with aftermarket intakes. i wondered if anybody had run into this prob before, and could recommend me a manufacturer that makes a brace that will still work with an SRI installed?
Old 04-07-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
well DC sports and Nuspeed make one that fits with CAI, so i would asume that ot also works with the SRI
Old 04-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slystad810 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would reccomend the Neuspeed. It's around $100 at www.tornactive.com.
Old 04-08-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
does it have a 90 degree bend rubber adapter at the throttle body??

if so u can probably fit whatever strut bar you want.

lets just say, if anything goes higher than the stock intake system, then it wont fit.

but if it doesn't, it'll be fine.
Old 04-08-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
just get neuspeed front strut bar
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

luckynumbernine is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree 100%. neuspeed is the way to go. the bar actually runs up close to the fire wall so it is completely out of the way of the intake. if you own a 2001 5 sp, they give a new nut to remount the clutch fluid reservoir. on my 2002 5 sp i simply had to bend the reservoir bracket forward a little bit. whole install took about thirty minutes. that time includes ****ing around to get the jack out of the trunk. i had to jack up the driver's side to get the bar to fit snug on the bolts. fits like a glove. ( i also purchased mine form tornactive.com. it took 5 days to come from cali to rhode island. very nice.)
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
damn dude, you live in rhode island? thats crazy small! but im sure you hear that all the time.

anywho - there is minor mods needed to fit the nuspeed bar? i thought you could just bolt it right on... please explain
Old 04-18-2003
Registered!!

luckynumbernine is an unknown quantity at this point
you're correct, rhode island is small. you can drive end to end on i-95 in well under one hour. i used to live in pennsylvania. you can fit 44 rhode islands in one pennsylvania. senseless trivia. but anyway, if you have a manual transmission car you may notice that the clutch fluid reservoir is inconveniently located atop the left front strut tower. if you have an automatic, you need not worry. the neuspeed bar will not clear the reservoir (by fractions of an inch). if you have an 02+, you will need to remove the reservoir from its holder and bend the bracket forward SLIGHTLY. once that is complete, pop the reservoir back in the bracket and you're good to go. this took roughly 5 minutes. 4 minutes to analyze the situation, one minute of actual labor. i also had trouble getting the bar to seat perfectly on the bolts. this is where you need to jack up one side of the car as if you were changing the front tire. i jacked up the driver's side because the passenger's side was against the curb on the street in front of my apartment. with one side off the ground the bar fell nicely into place. the biggest pain in the a$$ was seriously taking all of the crapola out of the trunk and having to go through the routine of jacking up the car. if you own a 2001, neuspeed provides a nut to remount the reservoir in another hole. i think you just need to remove the left front wheel and move the bracket into the forward hole. simple stuff. the dc bar appears to circumvent the clutch fluid reservoir altogther via the numerous bends in the bar. sure, it looks nice under the hood, but it's not too often that i decide to drive with my hood open or completely off for that matter. the neuspeed bar is much cheaper and is much more structurally sound. WHEW! hopes this helps...sorry for rambling....
Old 04-18-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Yes, go with the Neuspeed one.

You will find that if you are an agressive driver, the torque that makes the engine move will knock against the intake.
Old 04-18-2003
Cracka

xtiszx is an unknown quantity at this point
it will fit, its VERY tight, i had a r1 intake, and strut bar, the intake once and a while would bump the intake, you just have to angle the strut bar a bit
Old 04-18-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
wait a second, whats the difference between a strut bar and a strut brace?
Old 04-19-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
strut bar is like a single piece of metal going from strut to strut - like the dc sports one. strut brace - is like the neuspeed