Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

floor tower bar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
floor tower bar?

anyone heard of this? i saw it on ebay, it's a floor tower bar...

heres the link
Old 11-20-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
well anything with JDM in the title on ebay is an abvious sign of obvious, NON-JDM, garbage. ignore it for the better good that are the few the non-ricer civic owners.
Old 11-20-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It is an arospeed bar. It is a floor bar. It won't do very much. There was another floor bar that was straight across because we don't have a hump and that one was good. That one is universal so it is probably crap. Too many loose parts. Floor bars are illegal SCCA in STS if you are curious.
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey robb, i read through the autocross faq page and the site that was linked...maybe i missed it, but why are floor bars illegal SCCA in STS?
Old 11-21-2004

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
As far as I know you cannot have a chassis brace that isn't attached to the struts minus the rear lower tie bar. Front upper and lower tie bars have to be attached to the struts somehow. That is why a X or U brace is illegal in STS. You can check with your local chapter but I am pretty sure any bar inside the car is illegal for STS. Ask Zzyzx or boilermaker too.
Old 11-21-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I have one of these. I dunno if it really does that much, as I installed it the same time as my rear upper tie bar and (if I recally correctly) right around when I installed my RSX rear sway. Looks good, but the hump bothers me so I'm gonna get a friend to fab me up a straight bar.
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrazyCakes is an unknown quantity at this point
you could just put in a cage and still run sts, and that is a hell of a lot stiffer than a stupid floor bar.
Old 11-21-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CrazyCakes
you could just put in a cage and still run sts, and that is a hell of a lot stiffer than a stupid floor bar.

Yes it is, but then the cage will add 100+ LBS to the weight of the car...

Weight means a hell of a lot more when it comes to handling... Especialy in STS where Engine prep is minimal.
Old 11-21-2004
Just look for the Civic that was attacked by shopping carts

DEcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the editors at Sport Compact Car Magazine used one on a '93 Si. That's good enough for me.
Old 11-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DEcivic01
Well the editors at Sport Compact Car Magazine

If you believe what they say, I believe we've found the problem.
Old 11-21-2004
Just look for the Civic that was attacked by shopping carts

DEcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
If you believe what they say, I believe we've found the problem.
Ha Ha. Why's that? Are you a Super Street reader?
Old 11-21-2004

Such jokers!! Grassroots all the way...
Old 11-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
No, I don't read any of that crap. They have no idea what they're talking about.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
I have that roll bar too but i have not installed it. but my friend has install on 97 civic it did the job by not having as much roll.
Old 11-26-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
It's a bizznotch to install in the sedans.....
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
I have one but i haven't installed it yet, probably gonna install it next year because i m in toronto and it's starting to snow so no point at the moment...
I'll keep u guys updated if i installed and test it on cornering.
Old 11-26-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I installed mine in the freezing cold, my hand actually stuck to the bar....ha ha.